Light-O-Rama Forums

New changes to LOR webstore...

Guest guest

gsxr7500 wrote:

whats the difference between the LOR1602 and the new board

As in the

yhst-1552586516070_1936_574499
Card Assembled (Complete Package)trans_1x1.gifA fully assemble card with all options required to complete the building of a 30Amp, Outdoor Lighting Controller.
trans_1x1.gif
$239.90

Well, It's pretty much the same except
--it's not a Director... as in CTB16D....it compares to a CTB16,
--There are spade plugs instead of a terminal block,

and a few other things...which I know I'm not mentioning...someone help me out...

jeffmill wrote:

Michael B wrote:
Has any one put together this controller?

It just became available today...

jeff

Sooooo?

What wrong with you? You haven't put one together yet? Don't you live across the street? Walk over and put one together and let me know! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Michael B

Jeff, I'm just goofing.

Well I know it will be eaiser than the others , they just took stuff off the boards because no one really uses some of the stuff on the orignal ones. Nothing really fancy , Just a better Price per channel & 15 amps per side. the 16d is 20amps each side.

Mike

Michael B wrote:

Sooooo?

What wrong with you? You haven't put one together yet? Don't you live across the street? Walk over and put one together and let me know! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Michael B

Jeff, I'm just goofing.

:laughing:If I could get Dawn to let me have the income tax return,,,, I'd have another couple of hundred channels for 2007 :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Have to wait and see if they go on sale in April/May. Don't even know if that's going to happen....

jeff

lkcubsrule wrote:

gsxr7500 wrote:
whats the difference between the LOR1602 and the new board

As in the

yhst-1552586516070_1936_574499
Card Assembled (Complete Package)trans_1x1.gifA fully assemble card with all options required to complete the building of a 30Amp, Outdoor Lighting Controller.
trans_1x1.gif
$239.90

and a few other things...which I know I'm not mentioning...someone help me out...

That looks like a good deal. I was going to buy the Showtime 1602w (30 AMP) but, I could put that together if it comes with the enclosure, unit and all the cords. Who knows I might have to buy 2 muah ha ha ha....

Can anybody verify if that is the case?
Dan?

-Evan

NWSanta wrote:

That looks like a good deal. I was going to buy the Showtime 1602w (30 AMP) but, I could put that together if it comes with the enclosure, unit and all the cords. Who knows I might have to buy 2 muah ha ha ha....

Dan?

-Evan

If you were asking about the price... Fully assembled in the case with the wires and standard heat sinks, and 30amp capacity it's $239.95. In kit form with all the parts, requiring full assembly (including soldering) it's $185.95.

Here's the link

jeff
edit: oops, wrong link...

jeffmill wrote:

NWSanta wrote:

Dan?

-Evan

If you were asking about the price... Fully assembled in the case with the wires and standard heat sinks, and 30amp capacity it's $239.95. In kit form with all the parts, requiring full assembly (including soldering) it's $185.95.

Here's the link

jeff
edit: oops, wrong link...

Hey Jeff,
Yeah I am not into the Soldering bit but, I would be into putting the unit together.
For 239.

http://store.lightorama.com/ctascpa.html

IE: Put Board and Heat Sink in box, Wire Cables, and go!
I'm into saving where I can.
I'm going to have to ask Dan about that one.
Wonder if that one will be on sale when the Sale comes?????

Sorry, one more thing. Can I use this board with my Showtime 1602W that I picked up last year?

-Evan

NWSanta wrote:

Sorry, one more thing. Can I use this board with my Showtime 1602W that I picked up last year?

-Evan

Yes, the new board is completely compatable with the other controllers.

jeff

lkcubsrule wrote:

Also:

• No unit number dials -- you set it via software. Not a problem IMHO (most of my boards are CTB-08's and they do it this way). You typically set an ID once and use it forever.
  • No speed dial. Not needed since there's no internal director
  • Regarding the spade plugs -- I consider this a Good Thing . I have trouble getting stranded wire in the terminal screws without having a little hair extending to a neighboring terminal. With the spades, you can simply crimp on connections, and plug them in.
  • It's only 'officially' rated at 15A per side, although Dan implied he felt it would work at 20A per side under most conditions.

For most of us, who do music synced shows driven from a computer (or an MP3 director), an LOR board is an LOR board is an LOR board, so none of the differences will really matter. But the price is excellent.

-Tim