Light-O-Rama Forums

Want To Use Existing Sequence Timing Marks

Denise Brunner

I have a bunch of existing sequences that I update every year with the new props I add to the display. I am adding a lighting truss to the display with some dmx yoke lights, a snow machine and laser. On the front of the truss I am adding 6 CCR's for a marque effect for messages, titles, radio station info, etc. but I also want it to be able to sync with various color elements already in the sequence. Is there anyway that I can take them timings from my present sequences and import them into superstar and them export them to be used with the sequence???

I don't use the SSE a lot. That said, after looking around a bit I found the following.

1. You can import timing marks into a .SUP file. File -> Import Timings. My basic testing tonight says "Name of Timing Grid to Import" is the easiest option.
  2. After you've done your programming export to a new sequence. If you export to the current sequence file, you will overwrite what is already there.
  3. You could then copy/paste the effects from the sequence created in SSE into the rest of your sequence.

There are probably other ways to do the same thing, but I don't know about them. Hopefully someone here has an easier process. (Though personally, I don't find the above process all that difficult, but I can see where others might.)

If I remember correctly, there is an "Import Timing" tool somewhere around "Import Visualization". My pc is about 135 miles from me at this time and I can't remember where. I think it's under "Tools"

Edit: Sorry Don. I think we hit enter at almost the same time

Edited by Ron Boyd

No apologies needed, Ron.

Speaking of getting the SSE sequence into the main sequence, I forgot about sub-sequences.

. (It also has another tip in there I forgot in my other post. "Paste by Time".)

Instead of subsequences it would be better to use the Paint from sequence. The subsequence won't show up in the animation or visualizer so it may be a little harder to check timing until the show is running.

Scott

Instead of subsequences it would be better to use the Paint from sequence. The subsequence won't show up in the animation or visualizer so it may be a little harder to check timing until the show is running.

Scott

Sub-Sequences show up in the visualizer for me. (But not the animator.)

Sub-Sequences show up in the visualizer for me. (But not the animator.)

Sub-Sequence definitely shows up in the Viz. Just tried it out a few days ago.

But not in the Animation as Don stated.

Kevin

Thanks guys, will play with SSE today to see if I can get it to do what I want. Even if I can get one channel to go from the sequnce to the SSE, I would have a chance of getting things to line up ok..... I guess