Light-O-Rama Forums

Vote Up / Down Post Buttons

Ed P

If you accidentally hit the red arrow or green arrow is there a way to un-do it.

Yes I accidentally clicked on the down arrow and did not even realize I was voting down someone post.

Not sure we really need this functionality but I apologize for my fat fingers because it will happen again.

Go ahead try it on this post I will not take offense this time on anyone who wants to try it.

• Like 1

As a newbie, I'm trying to understand the value of vote up and vote down, especially showing who voted what way. Maybe we have something where we just give stars to a good post, and if you don't like it, it doesn't matter.

I'll admit I was hesitant about joining the forums, especially when I see some of the anti-lightorama websites out there and reading how some people were so mean to other people. I decided the benefit of the expertise would outweight being ridiculed if I say something stupid.

especially showing who voted what way.

I think it's very important that it does show that. If I'm going to vote up (or down) something, I should be able to stand behind it. To many things on the internet let people hide behind being anonymous. If I want to ever downvote a post, knowing that the world can see that I did this is going to make sure I really want to do it.

I'm curious. I received a -1 Like. Not really interested in knowing who did it, whether by mistake or not, I would like to know which post it was so I can see what I might have said to ellicit that response. Either way, I like the "Like This" button better.

• Like 1

Guest wbottomley

I liked the positive and negative buttons. It's a way to tell a poster, not this post, they're an idiot with negative numbers and a genius with positive numbers. :D

Edited by wbottomley
  • Like 4

wbottomley

Posted Yesterday, 11:07 PM

I liked the positive and negative buttons. It's a way to tell a poster, not this post, they're an idiot with negative numbers and a genius with positive numbers.

When did WB needed a button for positive or negative reviews.

He just went ahead and told you what he thought (good or bad) about you or your post.

Keep it up WB.

Thomas

I would show a like but for some reason I keep hitting my max in 2 likes every 24 hours.

• Like 1

Now that we only have "likes", I'd prefer more than the 2-3 now. We don't need unlimited, but maybe 5-10 would be a good amount.

I, too, am finding a lot of great content that I would "like" but am unable to. Not really fair to those posters.

Now that we only have "likes", I'd prefer more than the 2-3 now. We don't need unlimited, but maybe 5-10 would be a good amount.

I, too, am finding a lot of great content that I would "like" but am unable to. Not really fair to those posters.

I guess we'd better all write our best stuff early in the morning if we want "likes" on our content. :)

I don't exactly do my best work in the morning. Guess I'm out. :P

ITs not on a 24 hour post. So if you like late at night you have to wait till that same time is up. SO tonight around 9pm I can like a few more posts. I did find if you unlike something you can use that one again on another post. lol.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked