Light-O-Rama Forums
Bubba in NV

Moving From Nevada To Texas

My 18 mile drive to work each day annoys me. The 18 mile drive back home is just as annoying. 525 round trip for a doctor appointment? Yeah, I'll pass.

Welcome home.

When I was still in the Air Force. It was 72 miles from my driveway to where I parked my govt. vehicle at my office. The 24 years with the Sheriff's office. all I had to do was walk out my door and I was on duty. I had a patrol car for bad weather days and other duties, motorcycle in the garage, which what I did all the time, and ATV, when needed for the desert when I couldn't get the motorcycle out there which was rare... I could out drive the dirt bikes on the HD.

In order for someplace to be out of the way, it has to be over 300 miles away. Our motorcycle group will do 600 miles on a Saturday lunch run....

The two months I was in Corsicana getting things done to the new house really spoiled me, plus it has something we do not have here. Trees.... green stuff... we are at 7000 feet here in Tonopah and Corsicana is 400 feet.

Edited by Bubba in NV

Bubba,

Being in Tonapah, instead of driving, you should have asked your "neighbors" for a lift in their silver disks.

I know what you mean. When I assigned to Nevada areas, all I did was give directions.

magish01.....

What do you use for your 24/7 music?

Also do you plan on a Halloween show some day? Mine started simple with 10 Wal Mart pumplins and still only takes about 15 minutes to set up.... I also use the mini director box to run it..... I only have 16 channels....

My Halloween:

My Christmas:

Edited by Bubba in NV

Bubba,

I run Zara radio. At this point, I don't do a Halloween show, just Christmas and 4th of July. This will be my 2nd Christmas season. I went from 16 channels my first year to 48 channels and 1 CCR this year. Really like your Christmas light layout!

Dave

Zara is what I use also. I run my Christmas light show from Thanksgiving night through Dec 31st... the 24/7 music starts December 15th using a dedicated desktop computer for that and the light show. I play 8 songs for Halloween and 60 or so for Christmas with 15 a night switching them around every night. Also with 5 promo segments from Demented Elf......

I wont be doing it that way when I get to Texas..... but will see next year...