Light-O-Rama Forums

Moving From Nevada To Texas

Bubba in NV

Yep I have been to Arlington a bazillion times, my sister and some cousins live there and Ft. Worth, Dallas, Weatherford, and Prosper a few times, used to have cousins in Celina.

But I was gone for 35 years until last July. I spent July and Aug in Corsicana. We plan on going back for Thanksgiving. With another load of "stuff" and to get the rest of the motorcycles there. (I have 7 street bikes)

During Christmas I put battery powered LED lights on my primary motorcycle.

I was born in Cleburne...... 60+ years ago......

Edited by Bubba in NV

Linda........ still have a farm there. (we 3 kids) Will be coming through Lubbock Thanksgiving.... Grades 1-6 in the two room school house at Close City (Rag Town). Only a mile from the farm.

Compared to our standards here... Ft Worth is close. I have to drive 525 miles round trip for a 5 minute Dr appointment Monday. EVERYTHING is at least 200 miles from here. Next gas, Wal Mart, hardware store, Doctors, Dentist, everything.... One of the reasons we are going to Corsicana. After 32 years we have had enough of 500 mile shopping/Dr trips....

Well welcome home! I bet you can hardly wait to make the move. I can't even imagine having to drive that far for anything on a regular basis!

My 18 mile drive to work each day annoys me. The 18 mile drive back home is just as annoying. 525 round trip for a doctor appointment? Yeah, I'll pass.

Welcome home.

When I was still in the Air Force. It was 72 miles from my driveway to where I parked my govt. vehicle at my office. The 24 years with the Sheriff's office. all I had to do was walk out my door and I was on duty. I had a patrol car for bad weather days and other duties, motorcycle in the garage, which what I did all the time, and ATV, when needed for the desert when I couldn't get the motorcycle out there which was rare... I could out drive the dirt bikes on the HD.

In order for someplace to be out of the way, it has to be over 300 miles away. Our motorcycle group will do 600 miles on a Saturday lunch run....

The two months I was in Corsicana getting things done to the new house really spoiled me, plus it has something we do not have here. Trees.... green stuff... we are at 7000 feet here in Tonopah and Corsicana is 400 feet.

Edited by Bubba in NV

magish01.....

What do you use for your 24/7 music?

Also do you plan on a Halloween show some day? Mine started simple with 10 Wal Mart pumplins and still only takes about 15 minutes to set up.... I also use the mini director box to run it..... I only have 16 channels....

My Halloween:

My Christmas:

Edited by Bubba in NV

Bubba,

I run Zara radio. At this point, I don't do a Halloween show, just Christmas and 4th of July. This will be my 2nd Christmas season. I went from 16 channels my first year to 48 channels and 1 CCR this year. Really like your Christmas light layout!

Dave

Zara is what I use also. I run my Christmas light show from Thanksgiving night through Dec 31st... the 24/7 music starts December 15th using a dedicated desktop computer for that and the light show. I play 8 songs for Halloween and 60 or so for Christmas with 15 a night switching them around every night. Also with 5 promo segments from Demented Elf......

I wont be doing it that way when I get to Texas..... but will see next year...