Light-O-Rama Forums

Moving From Nevada To Texas

Bubba in NV

We just bought a house in Corsicana Texas, (40 miles south of Dallas)...

Anyone have light set ups around there (150 radous) or so???

I have not really looked around the south side of DFW, but I can tell you that there are a bunch in the north suburbs of Dallas. Plano, Frisco, The Colony, Corinth, etc.

Thats great.... I am the only one within 200 miles out here. We are retiring and going back "home" after 40 years....

Are any of them listed or mentioned in any of these forums?

The people on my street have told me I have to leave the set up for the new owners to use. Actually next year me and the two neighbors next to me were going to see about going wireless from my house to include theirs.

Check out Lone Star Holidays and you'll find all the Texas displays and info you can find:

www.lonestarholidays.com- Display map is on the "Contacts" page.

Too bad you weren't here about 2 weeks ago... you just missed the Academy! Oh well, we'll see you next year! :)

Edited by rmjohn99
  • Like 1

In 2 weeks I'm moving from New Jersey to Lewisville. The movers will love moving all my Christmas stuff!

Jim- There are a lot of us around that area.. Depending what part of Lewisville, I am about 15 miles south of you, and there are 3 GREAT displays within a 5 mile radius of me! Oh, and welcome to the heat! LOL

Bubba, Jim,

Welcome to Texas, both of you. There are plenty of displays in the area. I don't think you'll find a shortage of displays to look at.

Welcome to texas Bubba and Jim I live in Arlington texas right in middle of dfw I was born in Sparks Nevada

Edited by james morris

Hello James... (my name also) We are no stranger to Texas.. was born in CLeburne and raised in Post, just been gone a while (40 years). My sister lives in Arlington. I was stationed at Carswell in 71. Actually we are the only ones on both sides of our family that do not live in Texas....

Having a light show where I live now is easy, no city/county code issues, No traffic issues even though I am on the and of a culdesac. No radio broadcasting issues as there is no radio within 200 miles of here. I broadcast my music within a 4 mile radius. Which covers the entire town. I run Christmas lights/ music 24/7 from Thanksgiving night to New Years eve night with 20 different songs every night from sunset to 11pm. (with Zara radio software) and my halloween show runs a week before Halloween night.

I will be in Sparks in two weeks for an annual motorcycle event for 4 days... and I know lots of people there.

I will be back the end of the month to get the contractors started on a couple things that must be done to the house and I will stay a month of so. I doubt if I will have a light show this year, which will be the first time in 15 years. :(

I am in Henrietta Texas, a small town just east of Wichita Falls and about 100 miles west of Ft Worth.

I'm 1 mile away from the Texas Motor Speed Way (Roanoke). Just moved from Euless.

Wow...another one leaving Nevada. I can definitely understand based on how our economy is going here. The nice thing about our hobby is that no matter where you live, we all stay in touch with pictures, video and messages. Enjoy Street Vibrations!

Well.... not so much as "leaving" Nevada only more like "finally going home" after complete retirement. We have only been here 32 years....

Mesquite Texas here, just east of Dallas. My neighbor 2 doors down does both Halloween and Christmas as I do. There are plenty of displays in the eastern side of Dallas, Forney, Lake Tawakoni etc. As stated in the earlier reply, http://www.lone-star-holidays.com/forums/ is the place to go.

www.hancockchristmas.com

Next time I am in dallas for training. I will post. We can have a LOR drink fest at the airport. whooo hooooo..

• 3 months later...

NO LIGHT SHOW this year

This would have been out 12th year with a animated light show... (started with the GE Christmas box for 2 years) and our 33rd year with lights and yard displays here in Tonopah....

We finally got a firm retirement date for the wife, which will be in March. So we put the house on the market here in...... 6 hours later it got sold and now in escrow. We are moving to a town house in a complex only about 1/4 mile from themhouse. But we will not be able to have a light show there. So no Halloween or Christmas show this year. We are bummed...... The local paper ran a half page article oabout our Halloween and Cristmas lights amd I got to tell everyone that the shows are at an end here. (They have always ran something every year) I have tried for years to get my neighbor interested in LOR as he goes CRAZY with lights at his house. I even offered to buy the wireless stuff to run it off my show if he would buy a 16 channel controller. But it never happened.

So hopefully next Halloween I will have a show in Corsicana Texas.....