Light-O-Rama Forums

[Resolved] Logging In On New Forum - Possible Bug?

marquisite

OK I figure this is the closest thread to make known a bug with the logging in process of the new IP.Board.

When logging in from forums.lightorama.com, as linked to from a mass email received today, the logged in state does not update correctly. Here's what happens:

• After entering the correct details the forum goes to a page at lightorama.forumflash.com stating "You are now signed in".
  • The forum then takes you back to forums.lightorama.com but not in the logged in state. Everything appears as if you are not logged in.
  • Attempting to log in a second time from forums.lightorama.com bumps me to a page stating I don't have permission to log in.

HOWEVER... manually changing the URL from forums.lightorama.com to lightorama.forumflash.com corrects the logging in problem instantly. At the new URL I am already logged in. From this I gather that the forum is configured to run at lightorama.forumflash.com including any cookies. A URL mismatch between lightorama.forumflash.com cookies and forums.lightorama.com means the right cookies won't come into play. I've looked into what cookies I have for forums.lightorama.com and they are for the older mywowbb software only. All IP.Board cookies are set for lightorama.forumflash.com.

In short... lightorama.forumflash.com is the usable URL, forums.lightorama.com results in an inability to log in.

OK I figure this is the closest thread to make known a bug with the logging in process of the new IP.Board.

When logging in from forums.lightorama.com, as linked to from a mass email received today, the logged in state does not update correctly. Here's what happens:

• After entering the correct details the forum goes to a page at lightorama.forumflash.com stating "You are now signed in".
  • The forum then takes you back to forums.lightorama.com but not in the logged in state. Everything appears as if you are not logged in.
  • Attempting to log in a second time from forums.lightorama.com bumps me to a page stating I don't have permission to log in.

HOWEVER... manually changing the URL from forums.lightorama.com to lightorama.forumflash.com corrects the logging in problem instantly. At the new URL I am already logged in. From this I gather that the forum is configured to run at lightorama.forumflash.com including any cookies. A URL mismatch between lightorama.forumflash.com cookies and forums.lightorama.com means the right cookies won't come into play. I've looked into what cookies I have for forums.lightorama.com and they are for the older mywowbb software only. All IP.Board cookies are set for lightorama.forumflash.com.

In short... lightorama.forumflash.com is the usable URL, forums.lightorama.com results in an inability to log in.

I had the same issue when first logging in. After being perplexed for a few clicks, it somehow corrected itself and I've been good to go.

I didn't know lightorama.forumflash.com even existed so I didn't try that.

Yes, when the you are logged in message displays that's where it takes you - to lightorama.forumflash.com ;) (but then spits you back to forums.lightorama.com seconds later)

Hopefully others who have the issue will see this and will be able to get in to start posting again too.

Edited by marquisite

Yes, when the you are logged in message displays that's where it takes you - to lightorama.forumflash.com ;) (but then spits you back to forums.lightorama.com seconds later)

Hopefully others who have the issue will see this and will be able to get in to start posting again too.

Wow you are correct, sir! I didn't even look at my address bar, but that's what it says.

When I try to go back to forums.lightorama.com it acts as if I'm signed out again.

Nice detective work! Wanna beta test for my company? :)

When I'm signed in and leave the form for a period of time and come back to it. I'll be shown as not beening signed in. I then go to the FORMS tab (top left) and check it and it show me being signed in.

Cautiously optimistic here. Seems the provider forgot to change a setting on the account last night. This may have led to some of the issues with regards to logging in (as mentioned in this thread.)

OK, have now noticed internal forum links bounce to forums.lightorama.com - this results in returning to the logged off state (cookie mismatch with lightorama.forumflash.com).

But the good news? After logging in again at forums.lightorama.com , I see cookies are now being set for forums.lightorama.com. Which means the logged in state is working properly now at the correct URL (as linked to in the LOR mass email). So it looks like this is on the way to being fixed, touch wood!

Edited by marquisite

Going to mark this issue as resolved.

If you are still having log-in troubles with symptoms like the ones mentioned in this thread, please let us know. If you are unable to post a message in this forum, please submit a ticket to LOR Support.