Light-O-Rama Forums

Wow... Anyone Else Get This?

rainyoregonchristmas

I recieved an email saying my password to LOR was not carried over in the transition, and had been given a new one. I tried it many times, didn't work, so I typed in the link given at the bottom for "support" and it took me to what looked like a LOR page, but my computer lit up saying it was a malware attack! Anyone else have this experience, however, if you did, you might not be reading this as you would be "stuck on the outside"

I recieved an email saying my password to LOR was not carried over in the transition, and had been given a new one. I tried it many times, didn't work, so I typed in the link given at the bottom for "support" and it took me to what looked like a LOR page, but my computer lit up saying it was a malware attack! Anyone else have this experience, however, if you did, you might not be reading this as you would be "stuck on the outside"

I got it anad it worked fine with now message

Had problems with it too. Just told it to resend password, got a new p/w and everything worked just fine. The site url is correct.

I went there and my virus and trojan checkers didn't sound any alarms. Clicked on several links and it's definitely the LOR site.

So unsure as to why you had issues with the url in the e-mail.

yeah i got it to,but not getting in was all my fult. I went to LOR with out looking at my emails and seeing they sent me info on how to log in to the new fourm. so im in now.

Mine also did not work and I went through the "request new password" process to reset it. I don't think I got an E-Mail about it not getting transfered however. Working fine now...

I too got this email. Followed the link and copy and pasted my "new" password, and it logged right in. I then changed it to something else. No problems and no virus or malware warnings.

1 - Yes, everyone got a new password. We had some initial problems with cookies being improperly set yesterday, so you may have had log in problems (I know... I suspended myself several times yesterday!) Those are now fixed.

2 - The website/company that provides our support ticket system (http://www.lor2.com/support/) was hacked. That has been cleared up and the support site is clean once again. If you are still getting a malware/virus alert on that page, you need to clean your browser's cache.

Did everyone get notified "before" the new changes? If this was the case, I didnt get anything. Until I requested a reset of my password because I couldn't log in.

Just checking.

Did everyone get notified "before" the new changes? If this was the case, I didnt get anything. Until I requested a reset of my password because I couldn't log in.

Just checking.

With over 10K messages that needed to go out, it is possible a few were caught by spam filters along the way. Some may have just fallen in the bit-bucket.

• The topic was locked