Light-O-Rama Forums

Where Can I Find A Good Plastic Box To Mount Lor In?

Tim from St.louis

Might try some of your local electricians. Sometimes they have boxes that have been used that you can get very cheap or even free.

I got mine from a Comcast installer. Asked if he knew where I could get a weatherproof box. He told me to wait a minute and brought me in one. I have done this three times now. Once it was a cheap flimsy box, but the other two are real nice.

The boxes LOR sells are excellent. I use them for all my LOR products as well as some other projects as well. Very watertight and plenty of mounting holes.

Greg

Try these guys out. I use the CG-1500 and I dont have to use a shoe horn to get the wires in . I did have to make my own adapter so that I can anchor the board to the box. But the high wattage heat sink might match the mounting bosses in the back of the box.

http://wlcventures.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=d5i23tn3js64hdvubs5ij7gfb6

I'm pretty sure the boxes that wlc ventures has are the same boxes as excess supply so if you chose cases that these guys sell you could do a price comparison that would give you the best price between the two (don't forget shipping).

Has anyone had experience with WLC. Sent an order in 2 weeks ago, and was charged. No response. Have emailed twice, no response. Should I worry.

magish01,

did they have any in stock at the time you ordered? I will admit that I too got the run around for a bit. Seems that 1 minute they had stock and next they did not and it took several months before he got some more stock. Its almost like he will take your money then when he has enough outstanding orders he will order from his supplier. Once things start to come in, he will get the backordered items out. I bought a case of 6 of the CG-1500. But I did get them, even though I was at wits ends and about to demand my money back. Lets just say that I am changing my ways and this was a test of my patience.

Has anyone had experience with WLC. Sent an order in 2 weeks ago, and was charged. No response. Have emailed twice, no response. Should I worry.

Folks on DIYC seem to speak very highly of Chris, so I wouldn't worry. They just seem to be very slow. I'm waiting for a shipping invoice for my order as well for a few weeks now.

I think he's running this more as a service to the decorating community than a business, so you have to have lower expectations than you would at a 'real' company. It does test the patience sometimes when you're used to having items ship out the day you ordered them at other places.

Edited by Tim Fischer

Yeah, items showed 27 in stock. Did an order for SPT wire quite awhile back and he kept me updated. Was just wondering if things had changed. Will give it more time. Thanks all.

Yeah, items showed 27 in stock. Did an order for SPT wire quite awhile back and he kept me updated. Was just wondering if things had changed. Will give it more time. Thanks all.

If you read his terms and conditions, "In Stock" doesn't mean what you think it means - it can mean that he's ordered it from his supplier and it's on the way to him. But it could be several weeks out yet.

Tim,

If you are going to mount more than one board in a box you might look at www.store.solutionsdirectonlinestore.com. I am looking at the AM 1868L to mount three boards in with room for a fourth at a later time.

PMK

Try these guys out. I use the CG-1500 and I dont have to use a shoe horn to get the wires in . I did have to make my own adapter so that I can anchor the board to the box. But the high wattage heat sink might match the mounting bosses in the back of the box.

http://wlcventures.c...4hdvubs5ij7gfb6

I agree, Chris's enclosures are big enough for even the high-power heatsinks, I bought a dozen last year but he had inventory problems when I ordered, took a LOT longer than anticipated, and not much more than "sorry it took this long". Before you order from him, make sure he HAS the items in stock. And order EARLY.

Edited by TJ Hvasta

I had a tough time getting a response from Chris. I eventually cancelled my order and went with dfcco because I couldn't wait in 'radio silence' any longer.

That's just my experience. Lots of others have had great things to say about wlc.

I ordered spt wire and enclosures from Chris during the pre-sale and it all arrived at approximately the time he said back then that it would. Can't report on return emails since that wasn't a factor.