Light-O-Rama Forums

Tapatalk?

Tim Fischer

Guest Don Gillespie

Taptalk is an app for smart phones so you can view and participate in forums in a condensed view rather than a full blown web site.

I have a smart phone how do I get this tapatalk anyways??

Tapatalk is a forum app for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia. The app provides super fast, native forum access to any vBulletin, phpBB forums that have activated Tapatalk we mustn't forget Simple Machine Forum and IP.Board. Forum owner can download the free plug-in to activate Tapatalk in your forum.

It is usually better than viewing the same site on the regular web browser because of its simple interface.

I have a smart phone how do I get this tapatalk anyways??

Go to your phone's marketplace (For us Android types, it's called 'Play Store'. I'm not sure for iOS). Seach for Tapatalk.

It costs a couple of bucks, but it's worth it. As everyone has said, the interface is built for a 'small screen' like a phone and makes things much easier.

You can also get it from the Amazon App Store.

Edit: Man! Ninjaed a couple of times!

So i have the App how do

i log in to Light o rama or any other forum I may be involved with??

Start up Tapatalk

Go to the 'Search' icon (I think it's a magnifying glass)

Type: LightORama

You'll find the LOR forum listed. Click it and log in :)

I have been at a conference all week and have been using tapatalk all the time while waiting for the next session but its a catch 22. Sometimes it opens up and works great and other times it tells me LOR fourm is not supported contact your forum admin. Not the exact error but you get the idea. When that happens I twiddle my thumbs and later in when I try it works

I have been at a conference all week and have been using tapatalk all the time while waiting for the next session but its a catch 22. Sometimes it opens up and works great and other times it tells me LOR fourm is not supported contact your forum admin. Not the exact error but you get the idea. When that happens I twiddle my thumbs and later in when I try it works

You know I love it. I have had that happen only twice, but I open the app about 100 times a day. So the ratio is still pretty good. Great app glad I make the purchase.

I still love the app. I did notice it happens more since I updated to the latest version. Release on Monday or Tuesday of this week

Great, now I have another distraction during my work day. This app seems pretty cool. Also, now I can also get help with my display while still on the roof!!

It is the best $3 you'll spend if you like reading forums.

Really it's nothing more than pretty formatting for your smaller device, but they do it so well that it's worth every penny.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been using tapatalk for a week or so now and very happy with it. However I have a question for the more experienced users. Can you access PMs from tapatalk? I had a need to do so today and could not figure out a way to get to my PMs.

Using a BlackBerry

I have no idea how similar the BB and iPhone versions are, but on the iPhone version you click the 'Convos' button at the bottom of the screen once you select the LOR forum. You also have to be signed in, of course.