Light-O-Rama Forums

Forum Features, Questions About

Max-Paul

Ok, how do we change our password for our account?

How do we change the size of the text (reading others post, not creating a post)?

How do we change our tag line or any other account settings?

Thanks

Not sure about the text sizing, but in the upper right, your user name, use the arrow pulldown, and select "My Settings"

Go to the top of the page where your name is and click on arrow. Go to my setting, left side of screen is password setting.

I did my with no problem

Thomas

Thanks zman.

What have I done? Now I have all kinds of stuff below my profile picture. Dang, even displays the number of warning points. No one else has that. Dang I must be a real bad one to have that feature. And all of that other stuff. Oh well, I suppose I will have the largest post window for one liners. :P

What have I done? Now I have all kinds of stuff below my profile picture. Dang, even displays the number of warning points. No one else has that. Dang I must be a real bad one to have that feature. And all of that other stuff. Oh well, I suppose I will have the largest post window for one liners. :P

That stuff under your profile picture is seen only by you and the forum administrators. Until we can get it to not show up in posts, they fields have been changes so they are no longer required. If you wish to remove them for now, you can go back to your settings and delete the contents of the fields.

Thanks zman.

nobody can see that info except for you and admin

All my PMs are gone. I had a bunch that I just read this morning (I didn't know I could recieve PMs during the update) and replied to them, but they probably will never recieved them. :P

Now if I could only remeber thier names so I can respond again....

Kevin

Hey Kevin... I was one of them .. LOL ..

JUST sent you a PM telling you I didnt get your PM ... Ironic .. HUH..

All my PMs are gone. I had a bunch that I just read this morning (I didn't know I could recieve PMs during the update) and replied to them, but they probably will never recieved them. :P

Now if I could only remeber thier names so I can respond again....

Kevin

You will be able to go back into your PM files when the old fourms come back up in a few days.

Is there a way to see who is online ??

Also, can we show to all our location ?? Sorry, typing as I learn :P

Is there a way to see who is online ??

Also, can we show to all our location ?? Sorry, typing as I learn :P

Re: Online - Not at this time.

Re: Location - If you have them set in your profile, they will show in your posts.

What shows up under avitar just number of posts and location or other stuff too?

I see your number of posts and location, nothing else. Others have said all the stuff you see is only seen by you and the admins.

How do we change the size of the text (reading others post, not creating a post)?

You can always do the old hold the CTRL button and scroll the mouse wheel or CTRL and the + key to make the text larger.

Mike

Okay, so old forum showed posts newest to oldest. This one shows oldest to newest. Is there any way to reverse the posts so the newest is listed first. Once these suckers get really going, don't want to have to scroll thru 25 pages to find the newest parts of the thread.

Okay, so old forum showed posts newest to oldest. This one shows oldest to newest. Is there any way to reverse the posts so the newest is listed first. Once these suckers get really going, don't want to have to scroll thru 25 pages to find the newest parts of the thread.

In the old forum it was a user preference setting. (If memory serves.) In this version, so far, I'm only find an option that would affect the entire user base.

Searching ...

That must have been a setting on the old forums, as mine went oldest->newest there too. But I like the idea. I didn't see any such setting here, but +1 on the request if it's possible.

There is no spell check option built into the IP.Board software. Why? Since many (if not all) modern browsers have spell check built in, they decided not to put it in the software.

Is your browsers spell check not showing up?

Here's a fix which worked for me, and might work for you if you have the same issue. (These instructions specific to Firefox.)

Start by opening any forum, and either "Start A New Topic" or "Reply to an Existing Topic" as if you wished to actually post.

Type any word in the body of your message... preferably a misspelled word. Posted Image

RIGHT CLICK on that word, and from the popup menu select the "Languages >" flyout at the bottom.

Select the language you wish to use - probably English.

Confirm your selection by right clicking on a word again, going to the Language menu, and verify that there is now a bullet/dot next to the language you selected. A bullet/dot means that dictionary language is selected.