Light-O-Rama Forums

using instant sequence

Chris B

If i use the instant sequence function to create a complete sequence as a general start can i go back and edit it in the sequencer to "tune" things a little. Thanks

Chris

Yes you can....

Many use the "Instant Sequencer" as a starting point...or even just for certain parts of a song...

• 2 months later...

Has anyone done an instant sequence on NON RGB lights with any success? I will be interested in seeing a video example of an instant sequence on NON RGB lights. I have tried but got nothing interesting. I do get some interesting results with my CCRs though, but not the NON RGBs.

Ron.

I definitely don't like that instant sequencer. Tried it multiple times, with different settings and it looks like a Mr. Christmas display no matter what settings I use.

I've tried it also with disappointing results. Maybe I'm still too new at it, but so far, despite changing settings and whatnot, I've tried it on half-a-dozen songs and they all look kinda the same.

instant sequence lives up to its name for me, mostly when I'm doing the lyrics of a song displayed (I have a 12 CCR Matrix) and use instant sequence to fill in the rest of the DNA of the song

and I will concentrate/detail on the rest of the sequence

Edited by PMC

Thanks guys,

Appreciate the input. Thought I was the only one with those results. Maybe Brian will tweak the Instant Sequencer in a future release for all of us newbies.

Ron

I found that if you check "Beat" on all CC devices and then do either the entire song or just sections, it comes out pretty ok. Mind you, it creates a blue million effects, but the result is cool. I used it for the entire song such as Polar Express and Hot Chocolate which would have taken me a month to create it by hand. I'm still planning on doing it by hand, but if I run out of time, I can use it.

I grouped strings 1 & 8, 2 & 7 and 4-6 on separate TCMs and it came pretty neat. It's good for a quickie sequence to a complex song.