Light-O-Rama Forums

Question about unusual light sequencing

Guest guest

I have two 1602W LOL controllers. I just hooked them up tonight for the first time to a music show. What I am seeing is the lights acting like the default mode (when the computer is not hooked up) and that is overriding my sequencing.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

I had a blinking light and after the hardware wizard found the controller, it went to solid red on both units.

Dale,

Not sure what you mean by "default mode"... and you say the lights are acting the way they do (when the computer is not hooked up)...

Normally the controllers do not do anything when not attached to the computer UNLESS you have downloaded a standalone sequence into the controllers. Now if you do have standalone sequences in the controllers then the standalone sequences need to be removed if you plan to use the computer to control things.

There are a couple of ways to do this. You can use the DELETE button in the Standalone section of the hardware utility.

A sure fire way is to reset the controllers... To reset them you:

1. Power off, Reset Unit ID switches to "00", plug in (led will flash fast)

2. Power off, Reset Unit ID switches to original value.

Now if you did not load standalone sequences into the controller then I am not sure what you meant earlier.

Jeremy Lawton wrote:

Are you sure a sequence isn't loaded into the unit ? I dont know much about the showtime units but I figured this might be a problem.

That's one of the first things I would check.

If you have it connected to a computer; Make sure that in the background and startup tabs you do *not* have a musical sequence. This will cause problems. I ran into this the other day, when I wasn't paying attention. Things did not work as I expected as a result.

The reset worked. Apparently I had an animated sequence running in the background that I did not know how it got loaded.

Thanks again for your wonderful product and technical support that surpasses all others.