Light-O-Rama Forums

new to Monster Quartet (faces) LED vs incan ropelight

dito

i'm adding the monster quartet to my lightshow this year. almost all my other lights are LED. I know LED ropelight(every meter IIRC) can't be cut every 18" like incans can. Knowing how they are setup would you recommend or dissuade use of LED ropelight? i really dont mind taping up extra even though it "goes to waste". i'd rather have brighter lights. just wondering if someone/anyone has opinion on this...

Doesn't the coro from HC come with holes punched for incans or LEDs? I dont own any but I always presumed the holes were arranged to accommodate standard lights.. 50 100

They are punched for the lights already. You just shove them through. Standard Incan or M6 mini LED

What will your maximum viewing distance be ? If your using rope lights, incan's should be plenty bright for faces and way less $$$.

i'm on a corner and people watch from 4-5 houses away. another reason i wanted LED was because all my other lights (mostly) are LED i have very few lights that are not LED...

Jerry, how much footage ropelight did you use for your faces?

Hi dito, I purchased a 150' roll of 1/2" clear for the big one and have lots left over for repairs. He is about 7' square. I also purchased a 150'roll of 3/8" orange for the three small ones with some left over ,but not much. They are about 5' square. I didn't measure it all soo I can't give you a footage.

Jerry

so, taking into consideration 150' for the 3 small ones @ 5' square = ~50ft each. great, thanks for the info!