Light-O-Rama Forums

New Feature in Hardware Utility

jimswinder

jimswinder wrote:

Orville wrote:
It does not highlight the unchecked boxes.
did you do a test chase in both?

Scott...we need video of both versions in action!!! LOL

Video is being created as I type this, once done, will be uploaded to my Vimeo account. Stay tuned for link....

EDIT: It has been uploaded, will take aproximately 35 minutes before going live.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• Shubb

• Surfing4Dough

• BrandonH

jimswinder wrote:

Orville wrote:
Sorry Jim, these folks are all correct. It's been there. I used it myself and I started with S2. Yes, it's been there.

If you uncheck some boxes, those circuits remain off, check them and they will come on.
I don't think you are understanding....

Yes, I agree that you were able to check one or multiples of the circuits and then when you ran the test only those circuits checked would turn on..

I'm not saying that...

I'm saying that even if you only had circuits 3,4,5 and 6 checked, it would still cycle through all 16 circuits (but only turn on 3,4,5 and 6)...but now it seems (to me anyway) that now it only cycles through circuits 3, 4, 5 and 6) instead of all 16...

guess I need to reload S2 and prove to myself that I really am (or am not) crazy!! lol

You should have said that 14 posts ago and we would have known what you wanted. :P:D

I dug out my old laptop with an early version of S2.
I was able to locate the charger, but can't remember the password!!!

But I'm in it!!! I'll report back soon!!!

Scott

Guest wbottomley

jimswinder wrote:

guess I need to reload S2 and prove to myself that I really am crazy!!  lol

Save yourself some time. We know that already. :P

As long as I've used LOR, it has been this way. It will only high lite the checked channels. I use this function specifically for my mega trees. It helps me to keep the colors in order.

shfr26 wrote:

You should have said that 14 posts ago and we would have known what you wanted. :D:D
I did!!! :P

Original post:

when you now Select Circuits To Test in the Hardware Utility, it will now only cycle through those circuits selected instead of all 16...

Free string of 100ct LED lights (any color, either C6 or Minis) to the first person who proves me right!!!!

IF you prove my insanity, then you just get the satisfaction of knowing they are coming to lock me away any day now... :cool:

Here's the video link to the chase test between S2 2.7.6 and S3 3.4.0.

https://vimeo.com/42552860

Unfortunately I couldn't remember one of the channels (channel 4) I had turned on in the S2 test and was not turned on in the S3 test. Therefore the delay appears to be shorter, but only because I forgot to turn on Channel 4. Otherwise the delay between the Skull and the Bat would have been completely identical.

jimswinder wrote:

Free string of 100ct LED lights (any color, either C6 or Minis) to the first person who proves me right!!!!

IF you prove my insanity, then you just get the satisfaction of knowing they are coming to lock me away any day now... :cool:

Oh my, looks like they may be coming to take Jim away at any moment now.

Dibs on the mega tree, even if it does fall over.:P

Orville wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

Oh my, looks like they may be coming to take Jim away at any moment now.

Dibs on the mega tree, even if it does fall over.:P

come on Scotty!!! Beam those videos down!!!

There are men in white uniforms knocking on my door!!!! :shock:

Oh wait...that's just Orville looking for a Mega tree....

Jim is right!!!! Now send me my lights darn it!!!

That was 100 strings of lights correct Jim??? Not one string.

shfr26 wrote:

Jim is right!!!! Now send me my lights darn it!!!

That was 100 strings of lights correct Jim??? Not one string.
sorry...YOUR word would be good enough for me...

but I think the others would still be doubters...

Now I see why you didn't understand my first post...(That was 100 strings of lights correct Jim???) you have dyslexia...:?

jimswinder wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
Jim is right!!!!   Now send me my lights darn it!!!

That was 100 strings of lights correct Jim???  Not one string.
sorry...YOUR word would be good enough for me...

but I think the others would still be doubters...

Now I see why you didn't understand my first post...(That was 100 strings of lights correct Jim???) you have dyslexia...:?

Maybe 100 strings of incandescent lights. Lol

Orville wrote:

Shoot, I was actually hoping to prove Jim right! Didn't work out that way.

I could've used a nice set of 100ct C6 Orange LED lights!
well then, you should have "doctored" the video!!!! :dude:

try it again...

Ok, so I'm not sure I'd call it a "feature" more like an oddity.

But I swear on my dead relatives - and even on the ones who are not feeling too good, when I was setting up for the show and running the hardware utility, it would run through all 16 channels. Regardless of how many were selected.

It would not only give me a few seconds to get from the garage computer to the yard when checking 9-16, but cause my helpers confusion when it would start on 15 then delay from 1-8, then continue on 9.

And if anybody can name that quote, without Googling it, you can win another string of Jim's lights!!!

Scott

Shubb wrote:

But I swear on my dead relatives - and even on the ones who are not feeling too good, when I was setting up for the show and running the hardware utility, it would run through all 16 channels. Regardless of how many were selected.

Maybe it depends on our computer set-up...because I swear it did it on my computers also...

jimswinder wrote:

Shubb wrote:

Maybe it depends on our computer set-up...because I swear it did it on my computers also...

You're right...if you ran it on a Mac it probably didn't work correctly.

Sorry Jim,

I know you're desperate for evidence that you're not insane. And who couldn't use those 100 strings of lights you're offering... But I've been using LOR since just before S2 was released and I've never had an issue with any version of the HU not testing whatever channels I directed it to include. Maybe you just need to be a bit more assertive...

George Simmons wrote:

. But I've been using LOR since just before S2 was released and I've never had an issue with any version of the HU not testing whatever channels I directed it to include.
I NEVER said I had any issues with it testing whatever channels I directed it to include!!!! :shock:

Sheesh!!! :P

I can garuntee that version 1.6.9 and later did not chase through all 16 channels unless you left all 16 channels selected.
Could you have had all 16 channels selected in the HU and only 5 strings of lights attatched?