Light-O-Rama Forums

Reduced Export Intensity

magish01

I built a test in Superstar to practice and learn how to sequence. I set scenes and morphs to 50% and 30%. Upon exporting the sequence to LOR, the intensities were changed to 25% and 6%. Does anyone know why this happened and how to correct this to the 50% and 30% the sequence was originally programmed to?

magish01 wrote:

I built a test in Superstar to practice and learn how to sequence.  I set scenes and morphs to 50% and 30%.  Upon exporting the sequence to LOR, the intensities were changed to 25% and 6%.  Does anyone know why this happened and how to correct this to the 50% and 30% the sequence was originally programmed to?

You are correct. In the SuperStar sequencer, if you ask for 50% it does its best to set 50% intensity on the actual CCRs. The LEDs in the CCRs do not have a linear dimming curve. To get 50% intensity on the CCR, the software uses a value of 25 in the export. 30% is going to get converted to about 6. And 10% gets converted to 1 or 2. So the intensities and colors will be a bit off in the Sequence Editor, but they will look good on the CCRs.