Light-O-Rama Forums

music

danbeveridge

thanks for all the help! I've got it! but now for another problem I've run into. I've never had a problem with opening music on the old software; however, with the new software, although the files are there, I cannot load them into the system. For a sidenote, some songs I can randomly load. I'm sure there is some little thing I am missing, that's the way it usually is. If anyone knows where I am coming from with this, I'd appreciate the help. Thanks again! Hope to have a display that can at least hold a candle to some I've seen on here this year!

In the sequencer under the edit and media selections, you should be able to identify the music file you are going to use with within the software. Now if you are using MP3's or WAV files, you should be good to go as long as they are not a variable rate...need to be fixed bit rate. Now locating your files to load into the software could be an issue as they can be stored anywhere but the typical location is the audio subdirectory of the LOR software...again, they can be anywhere on your computer though and sometimes people aren't as organized as they should be. Not sure if any of this are your issues or not. I'm still a newbie here myself but we're learning!

here's where I show how naive I am. The files allowed are mp3. The ones(to the best of my knowledge)not allowed are all mpeg m4. Which I believe the software does not support; and, if I am on the right track, can I change them. I could be totally off base, but I am trying to get all this stuff figured out. I generally do things with much frustration until they work, and quite honestly, some of the things I see on the forum are over my head. But here's where I am at--I don't want them to be. And I want to make decisions knowing what I am doing, not guessing. I need more time to sequence! most of my time is figuring stuff out. Sorry for the venting session. Boy I am a newbie. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it:

The following audio file types are supported by LOR:

aif, aifc, aiff, mid, midi, mi, mp2, mp3, mpa, au, snd, wav, wma.

Video files supported are:

avi, mpe, mpeg, mpg, miv, asf, wm, wmv

Ok Dan, you'll need a file converter and there are lots out there or available. Mpeg4 to MP3. Do a search for "mpeg4 to mp3 converter" using Google or other search engine and you'll find lots. There are free programs, trial programs that are free initially then a cost to licenese them and finally there are the paid programs. Personally I use Nero for most things in this arena but its a paid program. I don't know if Audacity will do this conversion or not but I understand its fairly powerful and its free. The other option is to purchase the music from an online store such as amazon or itunes and download the paid song as an mp3. I've had to purchase two songs already that I wanted to sequence that I did not already own and at $0.99 each, it wasn't going to hurt my wallet.

Thanks for all your help guys! I do believe I have it under control now. Hopefully I can be of some help in the future to others on here. I know I can't be the only one to run into these things that just seem to go wrong for "some unknown reason". Luckily, the unknown is usually known; and more luckily, there are places like this to find the people who know.