Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel Configuration

trafficman

I have changed the layout so much that it's out of order when viewing the channels and units. Is there a faster way to put it back in order beside re-typing everything? Thanks again for all your help.

Jeff

So far, I see no way to re-sort the list based on channel configuration, nor does there see to be any way to print out the channel list.

George,

I understand importing them into a new sequence but does it put them in order or just the way it was saved. I am not at my machine to try this as you can tell. Thanks again for all the information.

Jeff

Jeff, it will put them in the order that they were saved. You can import them into a new seq. or an old seq., but be very carefull when importing into an old seq. everything could get messed up real good.
Earle

Earle,

Thanks again for your help. I have moved so much and added so much that the 10 sequences I have are way out of order. I may go from Box 1 to Box 19 in the first 16 channels. I was looking for a fast way to put everything back in order.

I did create a master excel spread sheet that I wire with. It makes it very easy to compare the print out of the sequence if in order. I guess with 32 LOR boxes it has to be a mess. LOL

Jeff

Yes I know my wife and I hope to try to see some of the displays this year and might make it up your way.
Earle

Great. Let me know and I will ty to be there at the same time. I work in Pensacola and travel to this location to put on the show. Little bigger this year and I am heading over this weekend to install more power in ground. Chat soon.
Jeff

Thanks Jeff, we lived in Pensacola until we moved to Ocala in 2003. My wife and I both retired from DOD jobs at NAS Pensacola in 1993. We Know the area very well.
Earle

• 4 months later...

I found out (the hard way, but quickly enough that I didn't loose too much) that if you import a configuration, the rows (channels) of the configuration as saved will be applied to the rows of the track in physical order, not attempting to match names. If you create a sequence, export the configuration, then move one of the rows (or delete one or insert a new row) and then import the configuration the rows will have the same sequence content before the import as after, even though the import will reset the row names and colors to the way they were before the move. If you want to move some rows around, make sure to export a new configuration after the move is done, not before, and then in other sequences which should use the new configuration move the rows before applying the new configuration. If you delete rows, then import a config from before the delete, you will get rows (with no sequence content) added into the end of the track.