Light-O-Rama Forums

Which controller is best

mswoodward73

Hello; I am new of course...I haven't even purchased my controller yet because I cannot decide between the CTB16PC or the LOR1602W. Can anyone explain the difference and give me a suggestion about which one to buy.... Thank you

Take a look at the chart on this page:
http://www.lightorama.com/ShowtimePC.html

It shows you the differences between the two controllers.

Other than the items listed on that chart, they are the same controller. Each can run the same effects, and can be used with any other Light-O-Rama product. Which one is best? Well, they both are!

Which one should you get? Well, which ever one you want to.

I think you will find many more of us use the ctb16pc. I always get the card assembled controller,and all you need to do is install the wires. one thing you can do even before you purchase a controller is to at least download the demo of the software and start to learn how to use it. That is where the show is made and where you will spend most of your time

james campbell wrote:

I think you will find many more of us use the ctb16pc. I always  get the card assembled controller,and all you need to do is install the wires. one thing you can do even before you purchase a controller is to at least download the demo of the software and start to learn how to use it. That is where the show is made and where you will spend most of your time

Good advice here! I would say exactly the same thing. Welcome to the addiction!

the biggest difference is the 1602W is a commercial unit that is UL certified. Other than that the unit operate in the same manner. If this is just for your home your better off using the cheaper CTB16 series...just my 2 cents

Welcome to the mayhem, Ms Woodward!

Considering the price difference and equal performance, my recommendation is also in favor of the PC series.

Ditto on the PC series.
Use the money you save to buy extension cords.

PaulXmas wrote:

Ditto on the PC series.
Use the money you save to buy extension cords.

I'd suggest the PC series also.

A side note on extension cords: they can get really expensive. Many of us create our own custom length cords using spt1 (generally 8 amp) wire. This can help us save alot of money. The wire runs $100-140 online for 1000 feet, and the ends (plug in's) are $0.50- 0.80 a piece.

Here is a link to a spt1 wire and ends page: http://www.christmaslightshow.com/Spt1-Wire-Plugs-and-Sockets-for-Christmas-outdoor-decorations.html

Just thought I'd share. Our first year we tried to use the orange cords, and it was a mess!