Light-O-Rama Forums

2012 Halloween display

Bhewson

Got my first controller for christmas 2011. Did a small christmas display. This will be my first Halloween display. I got the Monster quartet and will only be doing 2 faces this year unless I can get another controler then I will do all 4. I ordered a case of 100ct purple leds and got some of the lights on the 2 faces and just ordered another case of 70ct purple to finish them off. Should have them by this weekend. I will try and post a video if I get them done.

I got them from Paul at CDI www.creativedisplays.com
This is the first time I have ordered from them and very happy with them. He is a member of the forum and alot of people on the forum order from him.:]

Done a test with 1 of the monsters tonight and very pleased with the out come. Will try and get a video up this weekend.

Thx for the help Jerry. I have made the changes and it does look better. All the help I can get is good. THe faces this year is the only thing that will be hooked to the controler. Everything else will be static.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just finished extending the plugs on my first face to free up 8 ext. cords. The new cords will stay with the faces and will be long enough to goto the controlers. I used SPT cord and old plugs I cut off of some old lights I had.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my first talking monster video

Nice job, where did you get the design for your faces?

The faces came from http://www.holidaycoro.com/.

I bought another controler but I will still have only 2 faces. The other controler will control some lights.

My sequences for this year will be:

It must be Halloween

Blow me away

Addams Family

Went to Hobby Lobby close to me to get my a foam cutter for my toumbstones and the already have christmas lights and decorations out.

Nice job i just bought 2 controllers myself..gonna take a while to get used to using them ;) i also bought one ccr and an fm transmitter that works great..Good luck wuth your show, if i ever get the time i'll post my first here also.. John

I got them from Paul at CDI www.creativedisplays.com

This is the first time I have ordered from them and very happy with them. He is a member of the forum and alot of people on the forum order from him.:]

What size LEDs did you go with, the 5MM or the 6M?

I have just finished extending the plugs on my first face to free up 8 ext. cords. The new cords will stay with the faces and will be long enough to goto the controlers. I used SPT cord and old plugs I cut off of some old lights I had.

I have the same quartet that I used M5 and M6 Fullwave LEDs. When you extended the cords, how long did you make the extensions and did you have to add any rectifiers/resistors to the extensions? I've tried to see if I could do the same with cutting off the existing plugs and extending the cords. Didn't want to damage brand new LED strings. Any issues with dimming/fading?

• 3 weeks later...

What size LEDs did you go with, the 5MM or the 6M? 6mm

I have the same quartet that I used M5 and M6 Fullwave LEDs. When you extended the cords, how long did you make the extensions and did you have to add any rectifiers/resistors to the extensions? I've tried to see if I could do the same with cutting off the existing plugs and extending the cords. Didn't want to damage brand new LED strings. Any issues with dimming/fading? I just cut right the wire flush with the plug and added a length of spt-2 cord cut to length. Then I took strings of lights that i had that didnt work and cut the plugs off and put the plugs on the new spt-2 cord on faces.

• 2 months later...