Light-O-Rama Forums

Apil 2012/May 2nd FTDI Driver Update

RiscIt

LightORamaDan wrote:

People with a good sense of humor who make jokes with friends, and have no secret agenda to be hurtful towards the person who is the brunt of the joke are a pleasure to have around.

Hmmm... I wonder where that leaves me. Or you, Dan, for that matter.

I've been told my whole life how good my sense of humor is.

And I have no secret agenda when it comes to Ray. The only people who become the brunt of THAT joke are those who buy his "poor innocent me" routine.

Guest Don Gillespie

George Simmons wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
People with a good sense of humor who make jokes with friends, and have no secret agenda to be hurtful towards the person who is the brunt of the joke are a pleasure to have around.

Hmmm... I wonder where that leaves me. Or you, Dan, for that matter.

I've been told my whole life how good my sense of humor is.

And I have no secret agenda when it comes to Ray. The only people who become the brunt of THAT joke are those who buy his "poor innocent me" routine.

Well said, so we are all good then right? :D

Wellll..I'm still waiting on my rgb strobes to arrive, and it was a "Mary Gardner" that the paypal payment shows being sent to, but that's a topic for another thread. :shock:

RiscIt wrote:

Howdy,

Windows Update (Win 7 64 bit) just told me that there is an update available for the FTDI hardware (which if I remember correctly is my LOR USB->Cat5/RJ45 dongle). It lists it as released April of 2012, and published (presumedly to Windows Update) on 02-MAY-2012.

Are there any known issues with this before I pull the trigger and let it install? I can't find any mention of it here or LOR Users group on Facebook, and the "more information" link provided in Windows Update is not working for me.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Darn topic title typo. Sorry about that.

Installed on my old XP Win 32 bit machine = no issues.

Installed on my new laptop Win Vista 64 bit = no issues.

Everything still works just as well as it did before I installed this update, which was installed within a day of it being released.

Thanks ~Orville~ for your input related to this topic. That was very helpful.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Thanks ~Orville~ for your input related to this topic. That was very helpful.

Dang, I goofed on the Vista, I have Win 7 on the new laptop. I just don't use it as much as I do the desktop, so I was thinking it had Vista on it. There are just TOO MANY darn versions of Windows! LOL

Sorry about that. But even on the Win 7 64 bit machine = no issues.

• 1 month later...

Its that "down-home feelin' ya get when you've been gone for a long time and things arrrre just the same when you come back..