Light-O-Rama Forums

Apil 2012/May 2nd FTDI Driver Update

RiscIt

Howdy,

Windows Update (Win 7 64 bit) just told me that there is an update available for the FTDI hardware (which if I remember correctly is my LOR USB->Cat5/RJ45 dongle). It lists it as released April of 2012, and published (presumedly to Windows Update) on 02-MAY-2012.

Are there any known issues with this before I pull the trigger and let it install? I can't find any mention of it here or LOR Users group on Facebook, and the "more information" link provided in Windows Update is not working for me.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Darn topic title typo. Sorry about that.

Attached files 316272=17267-ftdi-update.jpg

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Can anyone from the LOR staff chime in on this?

Worked on my machine fine Mary.

The search in this forum is terrible. But I found this old post on another older update which effected me.

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=26571&forum_id=72&highlight=windows+update

Back then the comm numbers changed to higher ones. It was hard to unassign the old now unused ones to lower values.

shfr26 wrote:

Seems that Albany, Georgia and Albany, New York are closer than the map indicates they are...

shfr26 wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
Can anyone from the LOR staff chime in on this?

Why do you call me Mary? My name is Ray!

George Simmons wrote:

shfr26 wrote:

Seems that Albany, Georgia and Albany, New York are closer than the map indicates they are...

What do you mean Albany, Georgia? Everyone knows I'm a male who lives outside Albany, New York. What does Georgia have do do with me?

Without adding insult to injury, but Did yous fall off your rockers?

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
shfr26 wrote:

What do you mean Albany, Georgia? Everyone knows I'm a male who lives outside Albany, New York. What does Georgia have do do with me?

Without adding insult to injury, but Did yous fall off your rockers?

Who said it had anything to do with you?

Holy crap Ray, Why are you so darn defensive???? As someone else told me, take a chill pill and calm down.

Wait. Someone quotes me and uses the name Mary, implying that's my name. Then others chime in trying to say something different about when I live and another city as one close to me. So I reply with a question asking why the confusion by calling me Mary instead of Ray. My wife's name is Mary.

Your right, I maybe looking to much into this. But if my posts, was not in the "Quotes" that they were posting, then I would have never thought people where implying me at all. I don't know if people are trying to start more problems! I asked a simple question, "Can anyone from the LOR staff chime in on this?" and this is how people respond to it! No wonder why William left this forum!

Hey shfr26, if you want me to take a chill pill. Then why did you start this whole thing in the first place? You started it by calling me Mary!

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Wait. Someone quotes me and uses the name Mary, implying that's my name. Then others chime in trying to say something different about when I live and another city as one close to me. So I reply with a question asking why the confusion by calling me Mary instead of Ray. My wife's name is Mary.

Your right, I maybe looking to much into this. But if my posts, was not in the "Quotes" that they were posting, then I would have never thought people where implying me at all. I don't know if people are trying to start more problems! I asked a simple question, "Can anyone from the LOR staff chime in on this?" and this is how people respond to it! No wonder why William left this forum!

Hey shfr26, if you want me to take a chill pill. Then why did you start this whole thing in the first place? You started it by calling me Mary!

By the way, my name is Pete, not shfr26, just as it says in my sig.

I have been married to Mary for 37 years. I do not see to many users named Mary so is this at attempt to insult my wife?

You see when you joke around with someone who does not want to be joked with it is wrong and abusive. I really doubt you were making fun of my wife but another man may have thought you were and his reaction may have been what mine would have been if I thought you were serious.

You cannot joke with someone who does not want to play. Once you do, you can no longer hide under the cloak ( ah it was only a joke ) because it was not a joke it was a malicious attempt to upset the person.

People with a good sense of humor who make jokes with friends, and have no secret agenda to be hurtful towards the person who is the brunt of the joke are a pleasure to have around.

People who come back time after time after time and say "It was just a joke and I didn't know, I am Innocent ... ) Just make me sick!

So stop the crap and don't start whining about (we can't have any fun!) well the thing is you can't joke about how much food is wasted at McDonalds to a kid who hasn't eaten in a week. You cannot joke about wigs to a person who just had cancer. You can't joke about car accidents with a woman whos kid was killed in a car...

It is not a joke unless everyone involved is on board. And people who repeatedly make fun or prod or JOKE about things with people who do not want the attention are wrong.

I did not insult anyone!! If you can point out where an insult is, I will say I'm sorry, but I don not think you can find an insult in my post.

Guest wbottomley

LightORamaDan wrote:

I have been married to Mary for 37 years. I do not see to many users named Mary so is this at attempt to insult my wife?

You see when you joke around with someone who does not want to be joked with it is wrong and abusive. I really doubt you were making fun of my wife but another man may have thought you were and his reaction may have been what mine would have been if I thought you were serious.

You cannot joke with someone who does not want to play. Once you do, you can no longer hide under the cloak ( ah it was only a joke ) because it was not a joke it was a malicious attempt to upset the person.

People with a good sense of humor who make jokes with friends, and have no secret agenda to be hurtful towards the person who is the brunt of the joke are a pleasure to have around.

People who come back time after time after time and say "It was just a joke and I didn't know, I am Innocent ... ) Just make me sick!

So stop the crap and don't start whining about (we can't have any fun!) well the thing is you can't joke about how much food is wasted at McDonalds to a kid who hasn't eaten in a week. You cannot joke about wigs to a person who just had cancer. You can't joke about car accidents with a woman whos kid was killed in a car...

It is not a joke unless everyone involved is on board. And people who repeatedly make fun or prod or JOKE about things with people who do not want the attention are wrong.

Speaking of jokes... How close are we to getting E1.31 in S3? :D

LightORamaDan wrote:

No Dan, NO ONE is insulting your wife. I don't see anywhere that is suggested.

If we hurt poor Mary, err, Ray-Ray's feelings because we confused names with someone else on Facebook, who is on the LOR UG, and has similar RGB pixel interests, well, then all I can say is, none of us are perfect, and we all make mistakes.