Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing contest between my girlfriend and I.

Daryl Hurd

LOL... We have not even got our first controller yet, but we are already trying our hands at sequencing some of the stuff we know that we will be building in the next couple of months..

My girlfriend and I are even getting into a little bit of a contest of who can program lights better.. It is a friendly competition, hopefully we will be able to to figure out who's sequence to use for each song.. Although I am thinking why not have 2 different sequences for each.. That way we can cycle through more sequences and let the public decide which one they like better...

I have to admit, I never thought I would be getting into a coding contest with my girlfriend who is a Registered Nurse...

-Daryl

Daryl Hurd wrote:

LOL... We have not even got our first controller yet, but we are already trying our hands at sequencing some of the stuff we know that we will be building in the next couple of months..

My girlfriend and I are even getting into a little bit of a contest of who can program lights better.. It is a friendly competition, hopefully we will be able to to figure out who's sequence to use for each song.. Although I am thinking why not have 2 different sequences for each.. That way we can cycle through more sequences and let the public decide which one they like better...

I have to admit, I never thought I would be getting into a coding contest with my girlfriend who is a Registered Nurse...

-Daryl

If you are smart, you will say she won no matter what.:P

Daryl Hurd wrote:

Hmmmm...some of the fine ladies on here might take that as a sexist remark...:P

Daryl, you might find out she IS the better coder. But between my wife and I. I am the more creative one, but not really good at it. Now my wife is the more logical thinker, except for troubleshooting.

jimswinder wrote:

dgrant wrote:
She's got zero interest.
In you...

or the lights?   :)

Right now, neither :(

You should know better than to make a wager like that! Women have the exclusive rights to the 'creative gene' and they only allow us men to use it in very small doses.

Since you have already entered into this contest, your only hope now is she will do what most wives, girlfriends, or significant other do and get bored, give up, roll her eyes, and walk away.

Jeff

Guest wbottomley

Daryl Hurd wrote:

My girlfriend and I are even getting into a little bit of a contest of who can program lights better.

I bet she nailed you! :D

magish01 wrote:

Daryl,
You know Jennifer is going to win....she won a CLAP door prize didn't she?

She is always the winner in my book!

jimswinder wrote:

Hmmmm...some of the fine ladies on here might take that as a sexist remark...:P

Am I one of the fine ladies? :shock: