• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dominguesg

• djohnson1810

• KenL_MCSE

• eurbani

eurbani wrote:

djohnson1810 wrote:
No, just the one. I was hoping to get started learning to sequence DMX with what I have (no LOR Controllers attached) and get the Enttec later but that has proven difficult. My understanding is that the LOR dongle should support DMX but that does not seem to be happening. This is my setup right now:

PC -> LOR-USB485 dongle -> Crossover Cable (pin 4-5 to pin 1-2 -> Power Injector -> RGB Flood.

Everything works fine with the x-lights test mode.

I don't know of any way that with one dongle that you can do both DMX and LOR.

If I understand correctly the ELOR plugs directly to the LOR network appears as an IDMX then has ports that pass the LOR signal on through tothe rest of the network and a port that passes a DMX signal out and cost somewhere near the cost of a Enttec Prohttp://www.sandevices.com/ELORinfo.html

Hello people! I'm having the same problem as djohnson1810. I can't control my RGB DMX512 light. [ve made all the steps above but.... nothing. I'm using the LOR dongle, and a Special cable that I bought from Lightorama online store. I talked with Dan Baldwin and he guaranteed me that this configuration works. Can anybody help me?

With both.I'm using the cable : http://store.lightorama.com/rjtoxlr3fe.html
Said by Dan:
"If you are going to run the show from a PC then you can use a USB485 dongle to control your DMX LEDs. You will need to do a little wiring to convert things but we can help with that. You would have two networks. One for your LOR controllers and one for the DMX"
"You are going to have two USB adapters on your PC. One of those adapters will be for a LOR network and will have LOR controllers attached. The other USB adapter will be for your DMX network and will have DMX hardware attached to it. DMX equiptment daisy chains so there will need to be a cable built from the USB adapter to the first DMX device in the chain and from then on it will be DMX cables/hardware "

Hmmm...I honestly didn't know LOR had that adapter. I would assume they have the wiring right but just don't know.

What type of light are you trying to control?

Does the connection to LOR adapter get accepted in the COM Listener?

What are you using to try and control the light? Sequence Editor or Hardware Utility or running a show through the scheduler?

Greg

This is the cable that Dan send to me: http://www.nataldeluzes.net/IMG_0641.jpg
Wiring is:
CAT5e --> XLR
Green --> 1
BLUE --> 3
BLUE/WHITE --> 2

Here it's my LED DMX light. Please, How do you call this dmx light i english?
http://www.nataldeluzes.net/IMG_0642.jpg
http://www.nataldeluzes.net/IMG_0643.jpg
Note that the dmx addressing is 001. These spot, has 6 dmx channels.
1: manual red dimmer
2: manual green dimmer
3: manual blue dimmer
4: single color strobe, multi color strobe,
5: functions like auto dimmer, multicolor auto, sound sensor
6: control the speed

I'm trying to do it from the sequencer editor with the Control panel open, but schedule disabled.

The status window of control panel is giving this message: DMX listener error 3: Comm Winsock Error / 10053: Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure

then it writes: Connected to DMX Listener

OK, there is your problem. If the connection does not say "accepted" it is not communiating with the adapter. Do you have multiple LOR adapters plugged in? If so, you may have seletected the wrong one. If there is no connection to adapter than there is going to be no connection to your DMX devices.

Greg

dominguesg wrote:

The status window of control panel is giving this message: DMX listener error 3: Comm Winsock Error / 10053: Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure

According to your screenshot, the LORCommListener has successfully opened the USB-485 adapter. The Winsock error is about the connection to LORCommListener.

It could be a timing problem, where the control panel (show player) is trying to connect to the LORCommListener before it has a chance to start. It could also be caused by a firewall configuration that is too "tight."

Your screenshot shows that something (the sequence editor?) is connecting to the listener 9 seconds before it opens the adapter. Question to LOR: Is this normal?

Next question: Does your DMX device (light) have an indication that it is receiving a valid DMX signal?

I think you are confusing us here. The pictures you posted show that the adapter is connected to the software but you said you are getting an error. Can you show us exactly what the COM Listener is showing?

Greg

The error "DMX listener error 3: Comm Winsock Error / 10053: Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure" is appearing in the status window, when I click on the red lamp, in system tray, near the clock. The commlistener is in the photo.

Hey people, I´ve noticed that when I close the sequence editor, the commlistener shows the following message: SOCKET 464, CONNECTION CLOSED WHILE REDING MSG HEADER. Then it shows, Socket 464, exiting. Look the following pic:
http://www.nataldeluzes.net/2.png

dominguesg wrote:

Hey people, I´ve noticed that when I close the sequence editor, the commlistener shows the following message: SOCKET 464, CONNECTION CLOSED WHILE REDING MSG HEADER. Then it shows, Socket 464, exiting. Look the following pic:
http://www.nataldeluzes.net/2.png

That is correct.

Your picture shows the DMX1 was accepted and when you close SE the connection is closed as well. Nothing wrong here.

If you go back and restart SE again you will get your connection back again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I talked with my friend, who has some dmx lights, and he is helping me. I've tested some of his dmx lights and they've worked. I don't know why my parled 64 didn't. Any ideas? Note: The parled 64 worked in a DMX mixer.

dominguesg wrote:

Hey guys, I talked with my friend, who has some dmx lights, and he is helping me. I've tested some of his dmx lights and they've worked. I don't know why my parled 64 didn't. Any ideas? Note: The parled 64 worked in a DMX mixer.

Try channels other than channel 1. If you are using the LOR RS485/USB for DMX output, the "channel shift" could be getting you.

If you only tried channel 1, you may find the PARLED 64 may not recognize channel 1 but works fine with channel 2, 3, 4 etc., just shifted by one. The DMX Mixer working is a good sign, though.

JonB256 wrote:

dominguesg wrote:

Try channels other than channel 1. If you are using the LOR RS485/USB for DMX output, the "channel shift" could be getting you.

If you only tried channel 1, you may find the PARLED 64 may not recognize channel 1 but works fine with channel 2, 3, 4 etc., just shifted by one. The DMX Mixer working is a good sign, though.

I tried that! I didn't work. I don't know what is wrong. I'm almost giving up. The question is why my friend's dmx lights (moving lights) worked and the parled 64 didn't? Very odd!