Light-O-Rama Forums

what new songs using for halloween

james morris

would like to see what new songs people are using to make halloween sequences for this years halloween I did I am gasoline and season of the witch

Guest guest

Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People{by request of the neighborhood kids}

The End Title music from the movie "Super-Hybrid", don't know the actual song name, so I'm just calling it Super-Hybrid as I recorded it directly from the movie and edited it down. Couldn't even find it in the end title credits to get the actual name of the song or who did it!

Instrumental version of American Psycho 2 {I don't like the sung version, just not family friendly!}

Get Gerty {Instrumental} by Norman Orenstein, which is also from the American Psycho 2 movie soundtrack.

Radiator by Family Force 5, this one is still a work in process.

These are some of the new ones for my 2012 Halloween themed display. I have a few others, but not sure I'll get those done for this year.

New Songs for this year..
-Devil went down to GA
-Feuer Frei by Rammstein &
-Ghost n' Stuff by Deadmau5

Working on 1. Bark at the Moon.

2. The Ripper.

3. Tubular Hell

4. Rainbow in the Dark

5. I Wanna Rock

Much to do! :shock:

Tracy West wrote:

Working on 1. Bark at the Moon.

2. The Ripper.

3. Tubular Hell

4. Rainbow in the Dark

5. I Wanna Rock

Much to do! :shock:

would love to see your version of tubular hell when done.

Cracker wrote:

Justin Beiber "Boyfriend" :)

hate to say it but I'm doing a Beiber song " little Drummer Boy" pretty cool song

:) here is the rest of the sequences i have finished so far children, clap for the wolfe man, i put a spell on you, hunted house, take the deval, spookey, midnight night stroll,my imortal,

im using "there's a light in the window, over at the Frankenstein place" from rocky horror picture show, its pretty kewl. and not the norm, i also use thriller and gargolys, with haunted dolls which is from rose mary's baby, i like throwing stuff in that no body else uses :) i have others, like the space Odyssey i use for an intro oh and i also use "beleave in things you cannot see" by the mummy's, doesnt get any better then that. lol

Guest guest

I've been using Gargoyles {Midnight Syndicate} and Haunted Dolls {actually I found the real name of the tune is "Lullaby"} from Rosemary's Baby for my very first Halloween display in 2010 and I use them every year, I just keep tweaking them and hopefully improving on them.

My entire list of songs I will use for my 2012 Halloween Display:

Current 2012 Halloween LightShow Display Music

01. American Psycho 2 - Instrumental version {D-12} - NEW for 2012 Display
02. Bodicea Bells {my own creation converted from a MIDi file}
03. Born To Be Alive {?}
04. Cemetery Gates {Midnight Syndicate}
05. Come Little Children {taken directly from the Disney movie: "Hocus Pocus"}
06. Cool to Be a Witch 2.0 {Lord Alexian}
07. Dark House {Bryan Ross}
08. Gargoyles {Midnight Syndicate}
09. Get Gerty {Norman Orenstein} - NEW for 2012 Display
10. Ghosts - {John Vossell and the Vintage Buzz Band}
11. Goosebumps Motel {Judy Pancoast}
12.Graveyard Dead and Buried Remix {Midnight Syndicate}
13. Grim Grinning Ghosts {From a Disney CD - artist-?}
14. Living in a Haunted House {Elvira, Mistress of the Dark}
15. Lullaby Rosemary's Baby {also known as "Haunted Dolls" - artist-?}
16. Munsters TV Theme {Converted from an old MIDi file}
17. No One Lives Forever {?}
18. Pet Semetery {The Ramones}
19. Pumped Up Kicks {Foster the People} - NEW for 2012 Display
20. Redoubt {Converted from an old MIDi file}
21. Shadows {Midnight Syndicate}
22. Shake Your Bones {?}
23. Soliloquy {Midnight Syndicate}
24. Super-Hybrid End Title - NEW for 2012 Display
25. The Apparition {Midnight Syndicate}
26. Theme to 'The Dead Matter' remix {Midnight Syndicate}
27. Trick or Treat-SV {?}
28. Wake the Dead {?}
29. Witches Witches Witches {?}

Those with {?} or {artist-?}, I don't recall who did the song version I am using, these were taken from music CD's I own, and just didn't, or couldn't remember the artist/singer.

I also have several others in the works for 2012, but these are the ones that I have completed or may only require very little to be ready for use in my display.

Most of these I've been using since I started with my very first display for Halloween in 2010.

I been working on Disney's Boo to You for 2 years now, and maybe this will be the year I will get it on the display

I liked sequencing Tubular Hell, its one of my favorite sequences that went well together with my display

Guest guest

[align=center]Music I'm using for my 2012 Halloween Lightshow Display[/align]

[align=center]An Updated List[/align]

Added 7 New songs for 2012. Artist/Singer is listed if known.

Most of the music was purchased from places like: itunes, CDBaby, Halloween Superstores {Midnight Syndicate and other Halloween CD's}, Wal-Mart/Walgreen's/Target or K-Mart {Halloween CD's}. Most all can be found on-line, however, some of the Midnight Syndicate CD's are no longer in print/production, check their site: http://www.midnightsyndicate.com to see what music CD's are still available.

The short version of my Come Little Children {about 30 seconds long} is not available on-line anywhere, so if anyone wants this one, or any of the ones listed as {converted midi files - available by request}, PM me with your e-mail with which songs you want from the converted midi file list only and I'll send it/them to you. Again, this is ONLY for the "converted MIDi files".

Title 1: Addams Family {From the TV show}

[align=left]Title 2: American Psycho II Artist: D-12 {NEW 2012/Instrumental}[/align]

[align=left]Title 3: Bodicea Bells {Converted & Modified from an MIDi file/Instrumental - available by request}[/align]

[align=left]Title 4: Born to be Alive Artist: Patrick Hernandez[/align]

[align=left]Title 5: Cemetery Gates Artist: Midnight Syndicate[/align]

[align=left]Title 6: Come Little Children Artist: Sarah Jessica Parker - custom edit recorded directly from the movie: "Hocus Pocus" {available by request as this short version of this song, aprox. 30 seconds, IS NOT available on-line anywhere!}[/align]

[align=left]Title 7: Cool to Be a Witch 2.0 Artist: Lord Alexian[/align]

[align=left]Title 8: Dark House Artist: Bryan Ross[/align]

[align=left]Title 9: Do You Believe in Monsters Artist: Ray Anderson {NEW 2012}[/align]

[align=left]Title 10: Gargoyles Artist: Midnight Syndicate[/align]

[align=left]Title 11: Get Gerty Artist: Norman Orensterin {NEW 2012}[/align]

[align=left]Title 12: Ghosts Artist: John Vosel & Vintage Buzz Band[/align]

[align=left]Title 13: Graveyard - Dead and Buried Remix Artist: Midnight Syndicate[/align]

[align=left]Title 14: Grim Grinning Ghosts Artist: Various Artists/Singers[/align]

[align=left]Title 15: Living in a Haunted House Artist: Evira: Mistress of the Dark[/align]

[align=left]Title 16: Lullabye from Rosemary's Baby Artist: Mia Farrow[/align]

[align=left]Title 17: Mona The Vampire Artist: Judy Rothman {NEW 2012}[/align]

[align=left]Title 18: Munsters Theme {Converted from an MIDi file/Instrumental - available by request}[/align]

[align=left]Title 19: No One Lives Forever Artist: Oingo Boingo[/align]

[align=left]Title 20: Pet Sematary Artist: The Ramones[/align]

[align=left]Title 21: Pumped Up Kicks Artist: Foster the People {NEW 2012}[/align]

[align=left]Title 22: Radiator Artist: Family Force 5 {NEW 2012}[/align]

[align=left]Title 23: Redoubt {Converted from an MIDi file/Instrumental - available by request}[/align]

[align=left]Title 24: Shadows Artist: Midnight Syndicate[/align]

[align=left]Title 25: Shake Your Bones Artist: Marco Marinangeli[/align]

[align=left]Title 26: Sololiquy Artist: Midnight Syndicate[/align]

[align=left]Title 27: Super Hybrid Artist: Martin Tillman & Thomas Schobel {NEW 2012 / Recorded directly from movie}[/align]

[align=left]Title 28: The Apparition Artist: Midnight Syndicate[/align]

[align=left]Title 29: The Good Times Goosebumps Motel Artist: Judy Pancoast[/align]

[align=left]Title 30: The Graveyard Artist: Midnight Syndicate[/align]

[align=left]Title 31: Theme to "The Dead Matter" Remix Artist: Midnight Syndicate[/align]

[align=left]Title 32: Trick or Treat Artist: Nekromantix[/align]

[align=left]Title 33: Wake the Dead Artist: Family Force 5[/align]

[align=left]Title 34: Witches, Witches, Witches Artist: Andrew Gold[/align]

james campbell wrote:

Cracker wrote:
Justin Beiber "Boyfriend" :P

hate to say it but I'm doing a Beiber song " little Drummer Boy" pretty cool song

Of all the nearly 100 versions of Little Drummer Boy I have (by far my favorite song) that is the only one I have ever, ever deleted.
They say variety is the spice of life, I guess I'm allergic to that spice.

Scott

Cracker wrote:

Justin Beiber "Boyfriend" :)

Ok, hand over your Man card right now!!!

Songs I have in my sights are:

Highway to Hell (ac/dc)

For those about to rock (ac/dc)

Devils Rejects (rob zombie)

Peace Sells, But Who's Buyin (Megadeth)

Orville wrote:

That's an impressive list. I can't wait and see videos of your display.

Torqumada

Torqumada286 wrote:

Orville wrote:

That's an impressive list. I can't wait and see videos of your display.

Torqumada

There are actually quite a few I have done that are not listed that I am converting from S2 to S3, actually think I have a total completed sequence count of 46{includes old S2 and the current S3 versions posted}, could be as high as 50+ songs, as some are still in their infancy stages. LOL

Going to try and break up the finished sequences into seperate shows for each night of the week, that is, if at all possible using the DC-MP3 Showtime Player, but since it's "limited" to a set number of shows, may have to pull out an old system and try using that this year instead of the MP3 Director unit.

I prefer the MP3 Director, just needs to be capable of doing more than 9 shows total for my use, especially if breaking up the songs over several days, including my overnight fades and any additional "breaks/voice-overs" between shows.

EDIT: The old completed S2 sequences are not formatted for my new home, so I have to move elements around to their respective controllers and channel designations, since the display is being redesigned for the new place.

here are a few more i finished frigtenstin vincent price haunted house godzilla simpsons halloween special undertaker theme this one is in the works queen bohemian rhapsody

Cracker wrote:

Justin Beiber "Boyfriend" :D

N0!!!!!!!!! I can't stand that song but I love your display. I guess I will have to learn to like the song.

Info is incorrect on this song:
Title 27: Super Hybrid Artist: Martin Tillman & Thomas Schobel {NEW 2012 / Recorded directly from movie}

I actually was able to locate the actual name of the song and who sings it, so this is the corrected info:

Title 27: Believe in Me - Artist/Singer{s}-from what I could make out from the end credits: Hot Loins and Bunny - Composer: Jerry Bernstein - {NEW 2012 / was recorded directly from movie - could not locate the song or soundtrack on-line or via the local music store}