Light-O-Rama Forums

play button

Philip

when building a sequence, I do the entire song piece by piece using the play visible screen, but not that I'm using the visualizer, I have to click play in the editor then click over quickly to catch the whole thing.

Is there a way to play a sequence from within the visualizer so I can eliminate so much back and forth? and if not, then let me add this to the wish list of items for the next iteration of S3

Philip wrote:

when building a sequence, I do the entire song piece by piece using the play visible screen, but not that I'm using the visualizer, I have to click play in the editor then click over quickly to catch the whole thing.

Is there a way to play a sequence from within the visualizer so I can eliminate so much back and forth? and if not, then let me add this to the wish list of items for the next iteration of S3

You'll need to add it to the wish list then. There is no way to play a sequence from the Visualizer.

Don is correct, and the 'Control Sequence Editor from Visualizer' is already on the wishlist.

However with that said, I've done some research and may be able to help with this problem.... I'm going to try to create an option in the Visualizer that will bring the window back to the top if it's buried.

That way, when the SE starts sending data you won't have to manually switch over. If it only takes a couple of mins to code, I'll sneak it in as a 'bug fix' (just don't tell Dan).

DevMike wrote:

I'm going to try to create an option in the Visualizer that will bring the window back to the top if it's buried.

Make you a deal. You make that an 'option' and I won't tell Dan.

Don wrote:

DevMike wrote:
I'm going to try to create an option in the Visualizer that will bring the window back to the top if it's buried.

Make you a deal. You make that an 'option' and I won't tell Dan.

Definitely an OPTION. That's one of those super-intrusive things that not only demands it be an option, but that the option is OFF by default.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
one word...

two monitors... :D

Two words

That's two words. :cool:

Yeah, but Jim's stuff breaks in 2, so his 2 words are only seen by him as one :D

bisquit476 wrote:

ItsMeBobO wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
one word...

two monitors... :D

Two words

That's two words. :cool:

Yeah, but Jim's stuff breaks in 2, so his 2 words are only seen by him as one :D
that only happens on a roof, so unless you sequence on your roof you are ok.:dude:

caniac wrote:

so unless you sequence on your roof you are ok.:dude:
Doesn't everybody??? :shock:

0000157 Simulation trivial assigned (Mike) 2012-05-01 Bring visualizer window to the top of all windows if user selects option

thanks a million.

popping to the top is a good thing, but so is being able to control the SE from the visualizer

If you get a second monitor for the vis you will only ask yourself why you didn't do it earler.
It is so much nicer to have the SE full screen and vis full screen at the same time.
I used a cheap USB VGA adapter for about $40 that worked great. It was a little laggy for everyday use, but worked perfect for sequencing.

Philip wrote:

thanks a million.

popping to the top is a good thing, but so is being able to control the SE from the visualizer

I agree and that is why it's on the wishlist. However the amount of code needed between the Vis and SE requires that it go through Dan first.

The Window on top only took a couple of hours, so I did it gratis.