Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Torqumada286

Tools to assemble PC-CTB16PC-COMPLETE

I know the website says you only need a screw driver and a pair of pliers. Is there a particular plier type that seems to work better for the assembly? Any other tools that are needed? I notice, for example, the website doesn't mention the need for something to cut the grommets for example. Anyone find any extra tools that are nice to have for the assembly?

Torqumada

I used a box cutter for the grommet - just like cutting pie wedges. Just verify you have all the wires in the correct position then attach them in a sequence that is easiest for you fingers.

Guest wbottomley

Torqumada286 wrote:

Anyone find any extra tools that are nice to have for the assembly?

Torqumada

A place to [Foul Language Used] close by just in case one drinks too much beer while assembling.

wbottomley wrote:

A place to [Foul Language Used] close by just in case one drinks too much beer while assembling.

I could be mistaken, but I think that might be a different kind of tool than the OP was inquiring about...

a first aid kit for use when you cut your self while cutting the grommets

t purser wrote:

a first aid kit for use when you cut your self while cutting the grommets

I kept this near by while working on the controller.

c3dlkrqpu3zcr3w5r.jpg

It took me all day to get the thing put together, mostly because this kept getting in the way:

c3dlkrqpu3zcr3w5r.jpg

Some people don't have the common courtesy to have their heart attacks, strokes or broken bones in a way that is convenient for a lighting enthusiast to put some equipment together. It just shows the general decline of our civil society.

I kept having to backtrack and practically start over each time, accidentally numbering some of the plugs the same. I caught my mistakes, though and managed to put everything properly in it's place and as a bonus, all my blood inside of my body where it belongs.

I plugged everything up a few minutes ago, and it all worked well. I may test some lights on it tomorrow, my schedule permitting. This may be how I obtain all my controllers in the future.

Torqumada