Light-O-Rama Forums

I just blew a fuse

mf123

Guest wbottomley

pixeldigger wrote:

I have found these fuses before in Home Depot and Lowes, but they were in the appliance dept , with the Microwave ovens. Better still to just order them from LOR.

Or Rat Shack as well.

One thing I've done... is when jumping the 16D boards, the left side fuse is no longer needed. I take it out as a spare to use elsewhere if needed. As I know of, this can't be done on the 16PC boards.

well....
i have good news and bad news....
good news 1/2 the board works (the side the fuse blew on)
9-16

bad news/ i wanted to test this board to see if it worked after sending it in... this was the one that only 1/2 worked.. channels 1 - 8 don't work.

also now channel 9 is sometimes on or off...
like 10 seconds on 5 seconds off 10 seconds on etc...

mf123 wrote:

bad news/ i wanted to test this board to see if it worked after sending it in... this was the one that only 1/2 worked.. channels 1 - 8 don't work.

also now channel 9 is sometimes on or off...
like 10 seconds on 5 seconds off 10 seconds on etc...

The Channel 9 problem sounds like there is a standalone program in the board. Try doing a reset on it (see the manual for how to do this - it varies depending on the board.

Not to ask a dumb question, but... Does the board have two power cords? Do you have both of them plugged in? Are you absolutely sure the fuse in 1-8 is good? (OK that was 3 questions...

Good luck...
-Tim

Bet he does not have the jumper to power up the low side. Or a power cord to the low side again. Cuss it sounds like this is the first time powering up after LOR looked or worked on it.

Electricity is to be respected as its been mentioned several times. Unless you know how to troubleshoot and have a schematic in front of you, I think you'll be sending it out for repair or replacement. I've been shocked lots of times with 120 which most were my own fault. It wasn't any fun. Now I was shocked by a 480v high current source(100A) once, that was not my fault, and I'm surprised I'm alive to talk about it. That one hurt a lot, for about three weeks.