Light-O-Rama Forums

Radio Links

bmedley608

Anyone,

I have several radios that transmit RS323 over spread sprctrum at as much as 115200 baud. I was hopinf to use them to communicate with my new CCRs wirelessly. Can anyone verify that if i convert UEB to RS323, fee into radio, take RS323 out of other radio, convert to USA and feed network converter, then fee CCRs, WILL it work?

Or would I need to go form USB to network adpater then convert the RS485 to RS232 snde over the radio and the reconvert at other ent to feed the CCRs?

DOes any of that make sense. I was told that the ELLs would not handle the data transfer rate to the CCRs at the high speed of 57200. Can any confirm or deny that. Does/hasd anyone ran CCRs on ELLs yet?

Thanks for future comments.

Bill

bmedley608 wrote:

Anyone,

I have several radios that transmit RS323 over spread sprctrum at as much as 115200 baud. I was hopinf to use them to communicate with my new CCRs wirelessly. Can anyone verify that if i convert UEB to RS323, fee into radio, take RS323 out of other radio, convert to USA and feed network converter, then fee CCRs, WILL it work?

Or would I need to go form USB to network adpater then convert the RS485 to RS232 snde over the radio and the reconvert at other ent to feed the CCRs?

DOes any of that make sense. I was told that the ELLs would not handle the data transfer rate to the CCRs at the high speed of 57200. Can any confirm or deny that. Does/hasd anyone ran CCRs on ELLs yet?

Thanks for future comments.

Bill

Short answer is, I strongly doubt what you are trying to do will work, and the cost/config/time to do so seems like it wouldn't be worth it.

I don't own any CCRs, but my experience, and understanding is, they support anything LOR offers. In any network, wired or wireless, you may run into issues with overload or latency, depending on what you throw at it.

Jeff,

That is very very interesting. Can you tell me where I cna find out more about e1.31. I think that would be much greater bandwidth than radios.

Any suggestions to any software that may be available now.

Thanks

Bill