Light-O-Rama Forums

~~~ Calling upon the LOR Gods - community newbies ~~~

Mike C.

I don't have an EDM to compare the sound quality.

But at half power, I had static, but could still hear it 3 miles away.

Mike-

Be careful you don't stray too far south - past the 91 - or you might end up in my neck of the woods(domain):P

jbrad627 wrote:

I have been using the EDM for about 4 years now. Really have like it, but am starting to have some range issues that I need to get resolved.

take a good look at your antenna and cable connections. High vswr = reduced range..and while the EDM is very tolerant to high vswr, it can't overcome a bad match from a performance standpoint.

Dr. Jones wrote:

Mike-

Be careful you don't stray too far south - past the 91 - or you might end up in my neck of the woods(domain):(

Good to know you're close by this way i can bug you when i have questions. Haha i really don't travel to far into Corona, once in a blue moon we'll go to Island's (love their fish tacos) on Magnolia Ave. Most likey you'll catch me crusing down Hamner Ave down to Baja Tacos in Norco. I have thing for fish and shrimp tacos. :P

we have a roach coach at work that has baja style fish tacos on friday - 4@ $5

When you venture towards DMX - I have a wealth of knowledge - a lot is professional practices other is stuff that cannot be discussed on this forum -as it would be a conflict of interest

I'd love to be able to talk to you guys out there. I'm going to be out there next week, continuing there for several days. I grew up on the edge of SBD/Rialto and worked next door to LAX for 25 years. Anyway, I'm coming out for my Dad's Birthday next weekend but I'd sure be interested in talking shop and asking tons of questions. I'm setting up for my first show ever this year. 96 channels this first time out.

Dr. Jones wrote:

we have a roach coach at work that has baja style fish tacos on friday - 4@ $5

When you venture towards DMX - I have a wealth of knowledge - a lot is professional practices other is stuff that cannot be discussed on this forum -as it would be a conflict of interest

:}
Deal. for know i'm not going there the first time i seen the word DMX i thought everybody was talking about the rapper. :D

magish01 wrote:
And if you head too far North, you stray into my little world in Fontana.:}

I've been there once or twice, you guys have a El Gallo Giro there. (al pastor tacos)

dgrant wrote:
I'd love to be able to talk to you guys out there. I'm going to be out there next week, continuing there for several days. I grew up on the edge of SBD/Rialto and worked next door to LAX for 25 years. Anyway, I'm coming out for my Dad's Birthday next weekend but I'd sure be interested in talking shop and asking tons of questions. I'm setting up for my first show ever this year. 96 channels this first time out.

:shock: 96 channels wow! man you're doing it big for your first year. Good luck and post plenty of vid's for us.

Thanks. Yeah, 16 mini-trees, all the static lights before which are now sequenced, plus a 15 foot 32 channel megatree with strobes and two arches, both FM transmission and outdoor speakers(first show only). Just finished my 23rd tune today, in this case, Music Box Dancer. First show, I'm inviting everyone and will let one of the neighborhood kids trigger the first show. Probably hand out hot-chocolate and brownies, cookies or whatever. There's only one other home that does this and they spent supposedly a $1M on their display but its across a river from me. This area is loaded with very nice and fancy homes but for unknown reasons, only some of the homes even decorate. I'm ratcheting things up for sure. The past two yeas, I did a large static display. This last year, more people here put up lights than the first year I was here so its having an effect.

• 11 months later...

Just a quick update

I didn't want to start a different threat so I figure I'll bump this old one.

So I finally got around to building my two 16pc kits and I'm excited to get

started. I wanted to ask if looked right before I power it up for the first time.

the black line from the power cords to the hot input (1-8) & the other for (1-9)

the green ground line from the p. cord to the ground post one per side

the white neutral from the p. cord to the neautral bank one per side

after that is just running the ground lines to the ground post

the neutrals to the neutral bank

and each black line to it's numbered channel post

the black lines for channels 7,8,15 & 16 didn't reach so I had to move the power

cord to make it reach.

maybe next year I'll take a crack at the full DIY kit.

any suggestions or pointers would be appreciated

post-10104-0-49760100-1366571424_thumb.j

here are two videos if you have not seen them

Edited by james campbell

here are two videos if you have not seen them

I don't know what's up with my forum settings, I can't see the videos you posted. :(

I did find these two videos on YouTube that were very helpful.

are you using windows 8 by chance?  I notice tonight on windows 8 I can'tsee the videos either,,but on windows 7 I can weird  but those videos you posted the links to are the same

are you using windows 8 by chance?  I notice tonight on windows 8 I can'tsee the videos either,,but on windows 7 I can weird  but those videos you posted the links to are the same

most of the time I'm logged on via my Samsung galaxy s3. funny thing is I was able to see all the attachments before until recently. I don't know what I did or what changed. :(