Light-O-Rama Forums

Creating graphics for CCRs

sasmuse

Hello,
Does anyone have a good tutorial or know of a good site that gives tips for creating graphics for use with the ccrs? I am working with the 12 ccr's in the tree layout. Any suggestions gratefully accepted. Thanks!

There are a few samples clipboard files you can look at. Click on the Edit menu and select "Load/Save Clipboard"
In the Load/Save Clipboard dialog box you should see a list of sample Saved Clip Files
In that list should be:
BubblesRiseAndPop.scb
ClockHandsRotating.scb
SharkFinForHorizontalRibbons.scb
SharkFinVerticalRibbons.scb

Select one of the files and click on "Load Clipboard from File"
Mark a spot on the time scale
Click on the "Paste" button in the dialog box, or the "Paste" button on the toolbar
The effects in the clipboard file should paste into the time layers.
You can play the effects. You can also click on the Image Action effects and see how they were drawn.

Note that if you hold the "Shift" key down and click on a pixel in the image, the color of that pixel will get set into the color selectors.

Realize that CCRs have a lot of pixesl, but compared to a computer screen the resolution is very low. You have 12x50 pixels to work with. To get a picture in something 12 pixels high can be a challenge. By looking at the sample images you can get an idea of what can be done.

-Brian Bruderer

Hi Brian,
Thought about you when there was the heavy tornado outbreak near Dallas a few weeks ago. Hope all is well with you and your family. As for the above, thanks for the info. I have been studying your images and your powerpoint tutorials, and they've been a big help.

In excel I created a 12x50 grid to experiment with. Knowing that the canvas is limited, I was just seeing if anyone more "graphically blessed" than myself had any additional sources/hints/best practices for creating pixel images.

I have a few "creations" I'm going to try. If they have potential I'll shoot you a video and let you critique it. If you don't mind. Again, thanks.

sasmuse wrote:

Hi Brian,
Thought about you when there was the heavy tornado outbreak near Dallas a few weeks ago. Hope all is well with you and your family.  As for the above, thanks for the info. I have been studying your images and your powerpoint tutorials, and they've been a big help.

In excel I created a 12x50 grid to experiment with. Knowing that the canvas is limited, I was just seeing if anyone more "graphically blessed" than myself had any additional sources/hints/best practices for creating pixel images.

I have a few "creations" I'm going to try. If they have potential I'll shoot you a video and let you critique it. If you don't mind.  Again, thanks.

Sounds good, a video would be great!