Light-O-Rama Forums

computer ???

hemiguy

it does not take a whole lot of computer to run lor just make sure it contains at least windows xp it will have to have at least 1 usb port and a sound out port headphone jack will work if your planing on runing shows with it but just rember to plan a head no use in going with a base computer now just may have to go bigger later just my 2 cents

For 16 channels, you probably won't need much more than the Canadien PC equivalent of a hamster running on a treadmill.

keep in mind you should have a good computer for sequencing,you will need good graphics and decent ram because the visualizer takes a bit of resources

Guest wbottomley

kevtam wrote:

I am going to get new laptop to use only for the L O R software system ,, what to i need in a computer to run this system ,, 16 channel thanx

I would follow what LOR says on their software page.

Have a new computer it's a Dell xps 8300 intel i7 processor 2600 with windows seven i have 11 lor boxes so i would need 2 usb adaptors one for the boxes and one for dmx is this right looking at 1 enttec pro to run ccr's is this right also got to purchase s3 and super star any thing else i might need thank you Blair

There are really two different functions/modes that you use the lor software for and they have different needs.

1. Development - in this mode you are creating sequences, and running the visualizer. For this having a beefy graphics card serves you well. In this mode I also capture video from the visualizer and edit down songs.

2. Show - in this mode you are running scheduled shows with your radio connected. This machine can be very lightweight and requires few resources.

You will have to go back and forth between these machines, so keep in mind:
- install the same version of lor on both machines
- have the data directory in the same place on both machines. C:light-o-Rama
- keep a backup on a jumpdrive or nas

jstorms put it best. I have an older decent main computer but my graphics card doesn't do well for the visualizer. I plan to upgrade that sometime soon. Dual monitor is also very helpful in sequencing.