Light-O-Rama Forums

Mounting hole layout

Timon

Might I request that LOR publish, either in the device or a separate document, the mounting hole locations for all of their boards. Same for the high-powered heat-sinks for the boards that use them.

This way everyone would have an "Official" document to work from when mounting boards in our own enclousers.

Now if this document exists or someone else has created one then thank you.

John

Sorry, maybe I'm misreading what you are saying.

But if you're using your own enclosure, then how would LOR be able to provide mounting hole locations for an enclosure that you purchased somewhere else?

I think maybe you are looking for some sort of template?
If that's the case, then JMHO, that it would not be worth it. Anyone can trace the outline on a piece of paper.

Again, sorry if I am misreading this.

Guest wbottomley

Timon wrote:

Might I request that LOR publish, either in the device or a separate document, the mounting hole locations for all of their boards. Same for the high-powered heat-sinks for the boards that use them.

This way everyone would have an "Official" document to work from when mounting boards in our own enclousers.

Now if this document exists or someone else has created one then thank you.

John

When those boards arrive at your home, just measure them.

The "Official" part I'm not getting. Anyone can read a ruler, at least I hope.

Yes I can do that but only for the boards I purchase. If I had those dimensions now I could be making the mounting plate and getting the enclosure ready.

Personally, I'd like to see the information on all of the boards for planning purposes. Having LOR publish a complete list can only be good for those planing their layouts. The dimensions they publish would be known to be accurate. I can't see any reason why they would not want to publish it.

I must be missing something here. I took a look at two different 16-channel boards and also an 8-channel board (all with heatsinks installed), and with a pencil and a piece of paper I could create a mounting hole template for any of them in about 30 seconds. (Maybe sixty seconds if I had to sharpen the pencil first...) Is this not what you're asking for?

Guest wbottomley

Timon wrote:

Those are the board dimensions but not the mounting hold dimensions.

They are multiple mounting holes located on the heat sink. You need to specify which ones you need measurement for.

If you already have one, use it for a template. Problem solved.

Sorry, had to edit cause I forgot to say, Once you do the above, save the measurements for future reference.

I unfortunately am not at home right now to do the measurements for you(YUK I'm stuck at work). I understand you are still waiting for your boards so you can't measure your own. I'll bet if you contact LOR support at: http://lightorama.com/support/ I'm sure they would be happy to get you the measurements. LOR has the best support of any product that I have ever purchased. Good Luck

Ken

Gents I think your missing the point. Lets say he knows that he is going to be buying board XYZ at the summer sale. He would like to start now making a plate that the controller will bolt to. And in turn the holes that the plate will need to be made to bolt to the box. Cause he does not currently own a controller he is looking for a template to use. Kind of hard to measure something if you do not own one yet.

Am I barking up the right tree Timon?

wbottomley wrote:

The two pictures below should help to measure up for a CTB-16PC.

phoca_thumb_l_imag2386.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_imag2388.jpg

Is that a Gen1, Gen2, or Gen3 board? Might make a difference. :(

No metric photos available? :(

Guest Don Gillespie

Surfing4Dough wrote:

wbottomley wrote:
The two pictures below should help to measure up for a CTB-16PC.

phoca_thumb_l_imag2386.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_imag2388.jpg

Is that a Gen1, Gen2, or Gen3 board? Might make a difference. :(

No metric photos available? :(

Good question no metric??? and also william how do we know which is the top of the board and which is the bottom of the board, i wouldn't want to drill in the wrong place

Jeff Millard wrote:

Metric is for people who drive on the wrong side of the street and have ihigh voltage coming out of their house. Don't measure it in Metric, it won't fit... or you'll have to go to Don Gillespie's house to find bolts that work and don't bind and strip. You better take extra gas if you do, they sell it in liters there and everyone knows a liter ain't enough gas to go anywhere. So your best bet is to use William's measuring tape and you can't go wrong, you won't burn up your controller, get in a head on collision or run out of gas...

Jeff

I hate metrics I am a machinist and any time we get a foreign customer all the drawings are in metric yuck,I have to convert everything into inches so I can program my machine.I'm using an old Mazak with a m-32 controller,not sure if the new controllers have the ability to convert on the fly but that would be nice

Timon,

I see you are on the site today. Would it be to much trouble to thank everyone for helping you? And if you think that LOR should have this info in their web site not here on the forum. Then why dont you drop them a message / email with this suggestion. William took the time to take some snap shots and post them up. Just keep this in mind. How many people are going to go out of their way to help you if you cant even recognize their effort with a simple thanks? We are suppose to be nice and not be a bully. Well those looking for help, need to say "Thanks". Not hard to do, and goes a long ways.

I'm sorry if I've offended but I've been busy the last few days. Yesterday I only did a recent query and this post didn't flag. This is the one lighting forum that doesn't work with Tapatalk which is how I normally monitor the forums.

That said I do appreciate the help shown. My hope still is that LOR will publish the mounting information for all their products. I'm reasonable sure that LOR has this information and it wouldn't take more than an hour or so to get it in a form that they could publish.

Again, thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I have the mounting holes for a CTB16Kpcv1 with heavy duty heat sinks in autocad. If you would like it. I do agree that it would be nice if it was available on the website.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Metric is for people who drive on the wrong side of the street and have ihigh voltage coming out of their house. Don't measure it in Metric, it won't fit... or you'll have to go to Don Gillespie's house to find bolts that work and don't bind and strip. You better take extra gas if you do, they sell it in liters there and everyone knows a liter ain't enough gas to go anywhere. So your best bet is to use William's measuring tape and you can't go wrong, you won't burn up your controller, get in a head on collision or run out of gas...

Jeff

In Canada we are on the metric system, you know that country north of you!

We drive on the same side as you and use 120v for most of our electronics.

:) eh!