Light-O-Rama Forums

A Little E1.31 Prodding

DanglinModifiers

Since this is May 1st, that gives two months for Beta testing and release since it was stated "Will be released in the first half of the year".

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• shfr26

• Timon

• Don

shfr26 wrote:

Since this is May 1st, that gives two months for Beta testing and release since it was stated "Will be released in the first half of the year".

Just playing devils advocate here, but we were also told that CCB's and CCF's would be released in 2011.

I don't have any inside information regarding the status of E1.31, but things happen that we (the users) and they (LOR) have no control over.

Just something to keep in mind.

Don wrote:

shfr26 wrote:

Just playing devils advocate here, but we were also told that CCB's and CCF's would be released in 2011.

I don't have any inside information regarding the status of E1.31, but things happen that we (the users) and they (LOR) have no control over.

But didn't they sell CCB's and CCF's during the sale?:shock: At least I thought I saw them. I guess that must have been either a "Pre-order" or I was dreaming;)

Timon wrote:

But didn't they sell CCB's and CCF's during the sale?:shock: At least I thought I saw them. I guess that must have been either a "Pre-order" or I was dreaming;)

In 2011? No, they did not sell the items/pre-order, etc.

Guest guest

Don wrote:

shfr26 wrote:

Thats a valid (though frustrating) concern if it involves hardware manufacturing, but as dan mentioned above, the software is working to some level, so would expect anything preventing that from being released to beta as stated would be internal.

I'm more a bystander in this one, as with past track record of support and releases, not depending on LOR for E131 support within the needed timeline. Sandevices coupled with LSP serves the purpose presently. Just a shame to see a lot of LOR controller spend this season on the shelf as they currently can't support what I'm wanting to do. Like others, especially after last season, not going to gamble this year...

DonFL wrote:

Don wrote:
shfr26 wrote:

Thats a valid (though frustrating) concern if it involves hardware manufacturing, but as dan mentioned above, the software is working to some level, so would expect anything preventing that from being released to beta as stated would be internal.

I'm more a bystander in this one, as with past track record of support and releases, not depending on LOR for E131 support within the needed timeline. Sandevices coupled with LSP serves the purpose presently. Just a shame to see a lot of LOR controller spend this season on the shelf as they currently can't support what I'm wanting to do. Like others, especially after last season, not going to gamble this year...

Read Post #9, from Dan, reference to the hardware, software issue.

Guest Don Gillespie

Hey just wondering, after last years fiasco, who are the beta testers, are they still the same ones or are they a different group of guys??

Don Gillespie wrote:

Hey just wondering, after last years fiasco, who are the beta testers, are they still the same ones or are they a different group of guys??

Dan would have to answer that one. He's the one who has the final say in who is/isn't a Beta tester.

(Or those who are (or may not be) a Beta tester can speak up if they wanted to.)

Timon wrote:

No the 2012 sale. I'm almost positive I saw them listed.

You saw them in the 2012 sale.

I was talking about 2011, and how they were supposed to be released last year.

Don Gillespie wrote:

Don G,

If the Beta tester kept finding bug after bug after bug, can you actually blame them for doing their job? I would rather have them beat the crap out of it and get all the fixes right. If it's broke, get it fixed. Send them a product that works right and the testing will be a lot faster.

i for one hope e1.31 is coming i really don t like the idea of having to run a another piece of software or a bridge to run what i already got planed and i m not trying to rush the TESTERS id rather have it right the first time just saying:)

• 3 weeks later...

Donny's new banner is the same path I am taking..its working now, no need to roll dice and gamble.

Hopefully this year there will be some early advance warning if E131 via LOR won't make it for the 2011 holiday season..and that doesn't mean released on November 15th...

Man, now I'm sorry I even said anything. That will teach me for showing a sneak peek and trying to keep everyone involved.

Jeff Millard wrote:

dougd wrote:
Well not exactly sure what that is, but I assume it means progress :P

Obviously it's the Alpha with some magical new network prefs. Post S3, LOR has been jumping from Alpha to public release and using the end user as Beta.

dougd, welcome to the elite group of users lovingly referred to as Beta Testers. You are now oficially a cyber bully.

Jeff

Doug, reasonable comment :D to answer your question that is/was a view of the new networks preferences window. Network preferences are now a seperate program that can be called like it was before from the sequence editor but also from other places.

As mentioned some time ago the network configuration was one of the last things that needed to be done for E1.31.

As far as releases directly to public except in cases were the changes are trivial or a bug fix we want out in a hurry we do go through the beta group. We do not go directly Alpha to the general public on releases that we consider risky.

The E1.31 changes are certianly significant enough to require that we go through beta testing.

Why Jeff found it necessary to make his post I do not know but it was unproductive, unnecessary and did not add anything to the thread.

Dan