Light-O-Rama Forums

The March Mad Grab Sale...

ukoberon

Brian Mitchell wrote:

brianfox wrote:
Brian Mitchell wrote:
2008 Toyota Highlander

We just bought a 2008 Hybrid Highlander, affectionately known as a Hy-Hi.

Yeah, there's nothing like a good healthy dose of debt to make you want to get up and go to work in the morning.

Yes, but at least we were smart enough to let someone else take the brunt of the depreciation. Now, our cars are only worth a little less every day we wake up.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brianfox

• dgrant

• toddmoon

• asetti

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Who has the fastest finger to get the lowest order number? Who was number one?

The last 5 digits of my first order are 34468 and nine minutes later when I purchased the software the last 5 digits were 34974! So if they go in order there were 506 orders placed in 9 minutes time! That's 56 orders per minute or one order every 1.07 seconds!

mattpatt wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

The last 5 digits of my first order are 34468 and nine minutes later when I purchased the software the last 5 digits were 34974! So if they go in order there were 506 orders placed in 9 minutes time! That's 56 orders per minute or one order every 1.07 seconds!

34181 here. You guys are sloooow! :P

brianfox wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
brianfox wrote:

Well, if you're interested in a bunch of DIY Mighty Mini Floods,
nope..have no need or room for any floods...yet... :P

There's ALWAYS room for floods. They have a dramatic effect on any display (when there's a ton of them).
guess I should have said I really have nothing for the floods to reflect on...

oj70chevy wrote:

placed order for 2 controllers with software (upgraded) went into paypal clicked pay and was only charged the full price for the software? no controllers. then was told none Available. What a rip! How many did they have on sale 1? oh well As I am new to this just wondering as I paid for the software only and if I call them will they give a discount if I also buy the controllers at regular price?
Thanks..
Ralph

Call them or email them and they will probably work something out.

And there were a few more than just 1 item for sale. Per Dan:
"There were a total of 905 orders with 700 of them within the first 5 minutes. A total of 2470 items were sold."

oj70chevy wrote:

placed order for 2 controllers with software (upgraded) went into paypal clicked pay and was only charged the full price for the software? no controllers. then was told none Available. What a rip! How many did they have on sale 1? oh well As I am new to this just wondering as I paid for the software only and if I call them will they give a discount if I also buy the controllers at regular price?
Thanks..
Ralph

Depends on the type of controller you purchased but there would have been anywhere from 600 to 200 of them at the start of the sale.

Software was not on sale and does not have a discounted price except If you purchase a gneric starter package there are software discounts. You would not loose those discounts if the controllers dropped of the order.

It is fast!

First 100 orders took 44 seconds

Next 100 took 19 seconds (people were warming up)

Next 100 took 24 seconds ( peak was over )...

Sorry you did not get what you wanted but there are no limits during the summer sale.

Dan

Jeff Millard wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
...but think I am leaning towards DIY stuff...

Come to the dark side Luke, your powers are strong young Patawan...

Jeff

We all saw what happend to Luke... He does not have the evil in him and in the end he pulled his farther from the dark side and brought him home. :P

Dan

brianfox wrote:

mattpatt wrote:
ny_yankee_25 wrote:

34181 here. You guys are sloooow! :P

34161 who's slow?

WOOOOWEEEEEE!!!! Newbie here just picked up her software and first 4 controllers!!! So excited but 4-6weeks for delivery??? Your killing me LOR! LOL...loving it!

It took me a few moments to get the page to load so I could order so I was not the first but I did pickup a new partially assembled controller.

Date Thu Mar 29 21:03:20 EDT 2012

Jeff Millard wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
...but think I am leaning towards DIY stuff...
Come to the dark side Luke, your powers are strong young Patawan...
yeah...it's VERY dark for me!!!! I can't see (or understand) a thing!!!! :P

It took me four minutes to check out, but I still got the controllers I wanted. Probably because I bought the 1602w controllers. I had a meeting tonight I couldn't get out of, so I had to do it on my cell phone. I forgot my glasses and could barely read the screen, so I'm lucky things worked out.

34152 was the first order after the sale started that actually had sale items in it. There were two ordrs before it that came in just a few seconds earlier BUT they did buy anything on sale!

Dan

34698 at Mar 29 21:03:44 EDT 2012

But I did it on a laptop while sitting in the drivers seat of my truck. Looks like I was order 547. Got the 3 CCP strings. :P Came out of a meeting 40 minutes later and everything was gone.

I told myself last year that I was not going to add any more channels to my display and just be happy with my channel count and just focus and refining my programming.

Then I made the mistake of showing a video from the following post. http://forums.lightorama.com/forum98/26928.html

http://vimeo.com/34731460

Paulantor had created these awesome light balls for his tree and my wife has been after me forever to do something with our own tree in our yard. So now I am now going to hope that my new 16 channel controller addition will be able to do my tree justice with 16 lighted balls. Now I just have to build the balls, wire the LED lights and figure out for sure how I am going to mount them and get them up into my tree without killing myself in the process.

Eh, so what is another 16 channels to program anyway?

I was worried about the ribbons selling out fast so I placed it in my cart updated quantity to 5 and checked out. Then took my time ordering a couple Pro controllers since I figured they wouldn't go as fast. But for that first order I was rushing so fast that when I hit submit the system notified me my address was missing...I was like what?...I typed my address...looked up and my address was in the name field and my name was nowhere. Anyways I'm excited to try out CCR's for the first time.

k6ccc wrote:

34698 at Mar 29 21:03:44 EDT 2012

But I did it on a laptop while sitting in the drivers seat of my truck. Looks like I was order 547. Got the 3 CCP strings. :D Came out of a meeting 40 minutes later and everything was gone.

Mine was, 34630 Mar 29 21:03:16 EDT

Can you believe there is only 28 secs between our orders. Yet there was 68 orders place from the time I placed mine, until the time yours went in! That's one order every .41 microseconds. (If I did the math right) People think were kidding when we say the say starts at 9, and ends at 9:30, lol.