Light-O-Rama Forums

The March Mad Grab Sale...

ukoberon

Max-Paul wrote:

Well looks like I was late for the sale and so I am paying full for a DC board. Will have on Thursday.

How can you be getting yours on Thursday when purchased after the sale and I got one on sale and have not received any notification other than the initial one? Looks like I need to call LOR tomorrow:?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brianfox

• dgrant

• toddmoon

• asetti

I was very lucky....The home depot here was over stocked on xmas stuff and I got boxes of 16' 50 LED cool white lights for $1.23 a box. And they had 100 light Ican for 0.83 2 weeks after. I bought a boat load!

You are correct i typed 6 instead of 3.

Great,

Missed it that's 2am in the Netherlands. And I need some controllers for next year season.:):(:):(

Hope that the summesale will bring me more luck.....

It seems that is LOR sending out non-sale purchases before the sale purchases even if the non-sale purchase came later. I can see their point of view although I personally think that First-In-First-Out is the fairer way to go. Oh well, it's not like I really have to have it in the next week.

Timon,

I assure you. I would prefer to have waited an extra week or two, and saved a few bucks. So, I got it mounted today also. Now I need to wire it up to the P.S. and test it. Might be a few weeks now that the weather is cold and wet. Want to mow the yard before I string up the LED candy canes so I can leave it out there for a few days before picking it back up.

Uncle Al wrote:

I'm just south of Atlanta. Got my order today!

You're making me jealous - I have not received a shipping notice yet :(. However I see you were the first order in the sale and I was several hundred behind you.

I want my CCPs! :(
I want my CCPs! ! :(
I want my CCPs! ! ! :( N O W ! ! ! ! :(:(:(
in fun>

I know, they'll get to me...

asetti wrote:

K6CCC's signature says:

Year-round:
56 LOR channels controlling about 2800 LEDs

What do you have them doing year round?

Nothing yet, but I should have the first 16 channels up in a couple more weeks. I have a very weird shaped front yard (point Google Maps at n34 06.58 w117 51.15 and select satellite view if you want to see it). Along the north wall there are 17 roses (visible in the satellite view), and each one will have about two and a half feet of rope light in front of it. Across the middle are 3 brick rings (not there when that satellite view was taken) with trees in them and there is rope light around the inside of each ring. In the satellite view just east of the end of the driveway is the mailbox. East of that along the sidewalk is 32 feet of concrete block planter that will have rope light along both inside edges in 8 segments. There will be a walkway that is the shape of an arc between where the mailbox is shown to the front porch. There will be light rope along both sides of the walkway in 8 segments. At the sidewalk end of the walkway will be 2 brick columns that each will have a light on top, and there will be a lit address sign in the front of one of the columns. The lights on the columns and the address sign will be RGB so that's 9 more channels. The front porch light and 3 lights in the bay window along with 2 wall mounted lights on the front of the garage and one at the end of the wall south of my driveway will all be under LOR control. All of it will be LED and all the wiring will be in conduit. As part of the landscaping project, there is close to 1,000 feet of conduit under the lawn (and the yard is only 85 feet long). I will have a sensor that detects a person walking between the columns and that will trigger an interactive sequence that will light up the walkway segments in sequence as they walk. Most of the rest will just be a VERY slowly changing light pattern. Still don't know if I will do a Christmas show this winter, but I did score some CCPs that will become arches if I do.

I should have 16 of the roses lit soon, and then the front porch and bay window after that. The rest will have to wait for some more construction. The satellite view in Google Maps is about 2 years old so there is quite a bit completed that does not show. I hope to have the landscaping project completed sometime this summer.

I was order 34650 and nothing yet, so you still have a ways to wait. Sale said ships in 4-6 weeks, only been 2 weeks. Your order will ship. This gives you time to figure out what you are going to use your new items for and start sequencing.

Crazydave wrote:

I was order #34164 and I still waiting.

I was order #34629 and I have not received notice either. It is all good, Dan said 4 -6 weeks to ship. I have plenty of controllers for what I want to do this summer.

I will just need my order for my Christmas show which is still 37 weeks away and 33 weeks away before my light up time.

Keep things posted though it will be good to know when LOR is getting closer to shipping my order #.

I talked to LOR on monday and they were still working on shipping orders for minute 2 of the sale then!!

I called LOR Tuesday and they said they were working on minute 3 of the sale. The bad part is I am at the end of minute 3 but the good part is I still got what I wanted during the sale, my first 32 channels.

That's wierd, my order time was at

Thu Mar 29 21:01:25 EDT 2012

and my card still hasn't been charged, and my order has not been processed.

Crazydave,
I think they are doing the even seconds first, then the odd, so you have a long way to go before they reach the end of the sale with the even seconds then start over with the odd. As good an explanation as any.