Light-O-Rama Forums

The March Mad Grab Sale...

ukoberon

Orville wrote:

pyromill wrote:
I wonder who else says this? I will not be spending a dime on this sale. Lor a damned fine hardware solution is worth the full price. Yes I bought at a sale once and saved ten bucks but, Dan and crew work very hard to produce what we get to use. Sale to clear some inventory I can somewhat understand but there is hundreds if not thousands willing to pay full price including me as I know from dyi world the time spent is well worth the costs. Even if they don't understand its not plug and play.

Pyromill, I'm with you. I also don't do the sales and have paid full price on everything I've purchased from LOR. Mad Dash Sales have never been a strong point for me.

By ignoring these type sales I don't have to be disappointed I wasn't able to get what I wanted and then go off on a tangent because everything sold out faster than I could check out to buy any of it.

So I'll pay full price too for my fully assembled CTB16PC units when I'm ready to buy more, which isn't going to be for a very long time now. I have my 5 controllers, 80 channels I purchased back in early 2010 and I can just be satisfied with them for the time being.

Afraid all my money had to go into a purchase of a home and vehicle repairs, so afraid I'm out of the market for anything for the time being.

My first year I started with one controller and I paid full price for it. There is always the summer sale for those that missed out on this sale.

I had not planned on purchasing any more controllers but my better half decided that we where going to expand anyway. LOL.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brianfox

• dgrant

• toddmoon

• asetti

I recieved shipping notification for the Grab Sale items and the box will be on my doorstep next Monday. That's less than two weeks post sale.

:cool:

LOR still has to contact me about shipping.
No rush as long as everything is here by Sept.
I think it said 3 - 4 weeks.

I was both 34354 and 34790. Got shipping notifications for both. First order was the important stuff then the second order was the optional things I wanted.

ouch...I was 64683......Guess I have some time to wait based on your first number.

*sigh* I really want to be able to hook up everything and see it run in my basement mock up. Trying to do it with one controller sucks! heh.

Ah well...it is worth it for the sale. :-)

I am still waiting on my shipping notice for my CTB16PC Partially Assembled kit.

I was order number 34629. 3 mins and 2 seconds into the sale. I had to reload the page to get the shopping cart to show up after 7 PM EDT.

It is all good, I have begun adding the channels to my sequences and have started buying the needed materials for my new props that the this new controller will run. I have all of the needed wire frames. Now I just need to calculate how many lights I will need to wrap 10 inch wire balls with to decorate my tree. I had to hit 4 different walmart's to get these 10 inch wide by 5 inch deep wire plant holders. Now I am just going to zip tie them together and turn them into tree light decorations.

Last year I found the best deal on LED lights at Hobby Lobby in August of all things. Everything in the store goes on a 50% off sale rotation. Certain items are all ways 50% off. So if you time it right and find out when the lights are going on sale you can get them for 1/2 off.

LightORamaDan wrote:

34152 was the first order after the sale started that actually had sale items in it.

For reference, my order number 3431x. Based on Dan's info, my order was between 160-170. Won't put the actual order number up, but that is close enough to be a strike.

asetti wrote:
ouch...I was 64683......Guess I have some time to wait based on your first number.

Are you sure that your order number is 64xxx? That would be 30k orders! Unless the sequence jumped for some reason...

30,000 orders. That would equate to an average of 1000 orders each minute, or 16.6 orders per second, on average for a thirty minute time period. While the mad rush may have exceeded that average at various points, it is hard to fathom that there was that much activity.

May check your number again, it just seems odd. Regardless, hopefully your "loot" will make it to you promptly!

Lets see something. LOR uses Yahoo store to sell things. Do you think that Dan is the only one who uses Yahoo store to sell things? Is it possible that all stores use the same invoice numbering system and all numbers come from a common invoice system?

Uncle Al wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
34152 was the first order after the sale started that actually had sale items in it. There were two ordrs before it that came in just a few seconds earlier BUT they did buy anything on sale!

Dan

Order 34152 Date Thu Mar 29 21:01:15 EDT 2012. I got two CTB16PC Kit (Complete Package)
WhooHooo! And I thought I was going to miss out on the sale! :D

Got the email that my order has already shipped and will be here Wednesday in GA!

Where in GA?

Torqumada

This is what Yahoo said in a forum over there about there invoicing. For example, my order number was,

yhst-1552586516070-34630

yhst- Means Yahoo Store
1552586516070- Translates to Light-O-Rama's Store
34630- Is the order number.

So every store uses the same order numbers. I'm unclear what number they start with. But the middle group is what's different depending on what company your order is with.

Torqumada286 wrote:

Uncle Al wrote:
LightORamaDan wrote:
34152 was the first order after the sale started that actually had sale items in it. There were two ordrs before it that came in just a few seconds earlier BUT they did buy anything on sale!

Dan

Order 34152 Date Thu Mar 29 21:01:15 EDT 2012. I got two CTB16PC Kit (Complete Package)
WhooHooo! And I thought I was going to miss out on the sale! :)

Got the email that my order has already shipped and will be here Wednesday in GA!

Where in GA?

Torqumada

I'm just south of Atlanta. Got my order today!

Max-Paul wrote:

Lets see something. LOR uses Yahoo store to sell things. Do you think that Dan is the only one who uses Yahoo store to sell things? Is it possible that all stores use the same invoice numbering system and all numbers come from a common invoice system?

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
This is what Yahoo said in a forum over there about there invoicing. For example, my order number was,

yhst-1552586516070-34630

yhst- Means Yahoo Store
1552586516070- Translates to Light-O-Rama's Store
34630- Is the order number.

So every store uses the same order numbers. I'm unclear what number they start with. But the middle group is what's different depending on what company your order is with.

Curiosity is strangling the cat... Going to the Yahoo Stores site, it appears that the order numbers go in consecutive order. The following is what they have on their site in regards to order numbers:

Each order is assigned a unique number when it comes in. These numbers start at 485 and count up. For security reasons, credit card numbers are deleted 30 days after the order has been retrieved. There is no way to retrieve numbers once they have been deleted, so be sure to process credit card transactions promptly.

While it isn't definitive, as a merchant I would loathe having order numbers that bounced all over the place, which is exactly what would happen if the numbers came from a common pool. In fact, that would be a deal breaker if it were me looking to use their services.

Now, back to light sequencing rather than order sequencing... :)

Wow, my order number was 349xx and I completed it in the first 4 minutes. That's over 800 orders in 4 minutes. The status of my order is blank so I have no idea where it is in the shipping sequence.