Light-O-Rama Forums

The March Mad Grab Sale...

ukoberon

I knew what I was getting even before the sale was announced. Being I enjoy the build process as it gives me more enjoyment knowing that I built everything from scratch, boards, lights, sequences gives me extra pride in my work.

I got in an out in 3min, got 2 CTB16PC Kits (require full soldering). With everything that went on this past holiday with the house damage (and yes still dealing with insur) i was glad the wife gave the thumbs up, so 2nd year this year and will have 48channels to play with! I’m content.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brianfox

• dgrant

• toddmoon

• asetti

Mine was, 34630 Mar 29 21:03:16 EDT

Can you believe there is only 28 secs between our orders. Yet there was 68 orders place from the time I placed mine, until the time yours went in! That's one order every .41 microseconds. (If I did the math right) People think were kidding when we say the say starts at 9, and ends at 9:30, lol.

Mine was 34646 @ Thu Mar 29 21:03:25 EDT 2012
16 orders in 9 sec. between us

My order went through at 9:02:17 for two controllers, and based on the order numbers I was number between the 160th & 170th order (to lazy to do the math :D ). Got what I was after fortunately.

Knew that they would go fast, but wow! Looks like Dan & co. will be busy boxing things up for a while and kicking them out the door.

De Trommelslager wrote:

My order went through at 9:02:17 for two controllers, and based on the order numbers I was number between the 160th & 170th order (to lazy to do the math :D ). Got what I was after fortunately.

Knew that they would go fast, but wow! Looks like Dan & co. will be busy boxing things up for a while and kicking them out the door.

Mine would of been quicker but I went back and added a couple things not on sale, I should of added them before the sale started.

Might have been better off making a seperate order. I guess you got what your were after, though...

I was order number 34164.

I *didn't* want to miss out on the sale.

I bought my first LOR controller (Actually 3 of them), some software, and a CCP.

I was order 34489 at 21:02:50

I was working in Puerto Rico and having dinner when I realized I only had 12 minutes. I ran to my hotel room, retrieve my laptop and returned to the hotel restaurant. With 2 minutes to spare, I started, F5, F5, F5, got it! Checked out and returned to eating my dinner.

What ?!? I don't have an obsessive problem with my LOR!

Order #3​4154, so I guess that means #3 on the sale? Guess staying late at work to avoid traffic and not miss the sale was a good idea! Got the two controllers I was looking for!

bgwyn wrote:

WOOOOWEEEEEE!!!! Newbie here just picked up her software and first 4 controllers!!! So excited but 4-6weeks for delivery??? Your killing me LOR! LOL...loving it!

My order said 4-6 weeks also, but this morning I got a "shipped" message from LOR. Should be here by April 6.

Have fun with those controllers! You order the RS485 adapter, also?

brianfox wrote:

bgwyn wrote:
WOOOOWEEEEEE!!!! Newbie here just picked up her software and first 4 controllers!!! So excited but 4-6weeks for delivery??? Your killing me LOR! LOL...loving it!

My order said 4-6 weeks also, but this morning I got a "shipped" message from LOR. Should be here by April 6.

Have fun with those controllers! You order the RS485 adapter, also?

Hmm.. I wonder how they are prioritizing shipping.

I was pretty early in the ordering.....I was like 12 of 13th based on order #

Me too. I have been waiting and waiting. Was in at 6 pm PST, ordered and at 6:03 no CCRs or CTB16PC kits available! Like you, did they only have one kit. Very disappointed, at first. Until I read the thread regarding William. I will be placing my order on Monday and hopefully, soon after that, I can join in the LOR insanity!

LightORamaDan wrote:

34152 was the first order after the sale started that actually had sale items in it. There were two ordrs before it that came in just a few seconds earlier BUT they did buy anything on sale!

Dan

Order 34152 Date Thu Mar 29 21:01:15 EDT 2012. I got two CTB16PC Kit (Complete Package)
WhooHooo! And I thought I was going to miss out on the sale! :)

Got the email that my order has already shipped and will be here Wednesday in GA!

pyromill wrote:

I wonder who else says this? I will not be spending a dime on this sale. Lor a damned fine hardware solution is worth the full price. Yes I bought at a sale once and saved ten bucks but, Dan and crew work very hard to produce what we get to use. Sale to clear some inventory I can somewhat understand but there is hundreds if not thousands willing to pay full price including me as I know from dyi world the time spent is well worth the costs. Even if they don't understand its not plug and play.

Pyromill, I'm with you. I also don't do the sales and have paid full price on everything I've purchased from LOR. Mad Dash Sales have never been a strong point for me.

By ignoring these type sales I don't have to be disappointed I wasn't able to get what I wanted and then go off on a tangent because everything sold out faster than I could check out to buy any of it.

So I'll pay full price too for my fully assembled CTB16PC units when I'm ready to buy more, which isn't going to be for a very long time now. I have my 5 controllers, 80 channels I purchased back in early 2010 and I can just be satisfied with them for the time being.

Afraid all my money had to go into a purchase of a home and vehicle repairs, so afraid I'm out of the market for anything for the time being.