Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone know anything about the Sale?

jonnyci

Mark J. M. wrote:

Just to be clear, in the sale, the fully assembled PC boards are Gen 3 and the to be assembled boards are Gen 2. Is that correct?  Thanks.

I was wondering the same thing... I thought they reduced and sold out all the gen 2 kits in the fall.
I much prefer to solder my own boards. I hope the kits are Gen3 now.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• thebaddruid

• TGabriel

• PaulXmas

Mark J. M. wrote:

Just to be clear, in the sale, the fully assembled PC boards are Gen 3 and the to be assembled boards are Gen 2. Is that correct? Thanks.

That is correct. We do not have kits yet for Gen3. Assembled boards are Gen3

Dan

No edit button on mine.

Yes there is, just had to make sure it worked. Finally got to edit something.

Jeff Millard wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
I turned edit back on in the forums some time ago (perhaps 2 minutes)... At least I think I did as I am not sure how to.

Dan

I don't think it worked... well for everyone anyway. Evan seems to be able to make it work...

Jeff

I was informed that there was a little more to it than checking the box that says that edit is turned on. But it will get done.

Dan

Guess I will ask these questions here about the sale;

1) I haven't received any emails yet on the sale. This happened last year as well. I have signed up for emails from LOR, have gotten some in the past...but not about this sale (or last year's)

2) Am I wrong, but do I remember this from the past... Is there a "Free" shipping offer at this sale or the summer sale?? Maybe I am wrong on that...thought one time there was.

3) I read about the "Daughter Board" thing. Is there any place that has all of the "Upcoming Developments". I know this has been an issue in the past with the S3 updates and not sure if LOR has gotten gun shy. Kind of like waiting for the next Apple product. Or kind of like...rolling dice. Not sure if you want to wait on the next best thing to come out ;-)

4) Sorry...wrong place for sure. But with the clock ticking...me at work...need it in one place to look at! ;-) Differences between the Gen3 and the older stuff(Gen1 and Gen2)?????

Thanks.

Robert Burton wrote:

Guess I will ask these questions here about the sale;

1) I haven't received any emails yet on the sale. This happened last year as well. I have signed up for emails from LOR, have gotten some in the past...but not about this sale (or last year's)

2) Am I wrong, but do I remember this from the past... Is there a "Free" shipping offer at this sale or the summer sale?? Maybe I am wrong on that...thought one time there was.

3) I read about the "Daughter Board" thing. Is there any place that has all of the "Upcoming Developments". I know this has been an issue in the past with the S3 updates and not sure if LOR has gotten gun shy. Kind of like waiting for the next Apple product. Or kind of like...rolling dice. Not sure if you want to wait on the next best thing to come out ;-)

4) Sorry...wrong place for sure. But with the clock ticking...me at work...need it in one place to look at! ;-) Differences between the Gen3 and the older stuff(Gen1 and Gen2)?????

Thanks.

Every time we send out an email 3000 or 4000 of them are blocked as spam. So they do not all get into mailboxes.

There will be no free shipping offer during this sale or the summer sale.

Not sure what the Daughter Card is that you are talking about. We do not have a list of up coming developments but we always have things in the works. We will announce such things when we know they are close to release.

The biggest differences between Gen3 and older controllers:
Phantom loads for better LED response
Use of 25 amp triacs for reliability
Dimming curves to help make LEDs act more like incandescent lights.

Dan

I didn't receive a notice either .. until I looked in my spam folder and found it there. Stupid spam filter. It considers a LOR e-mail to be of the same quality as a Nigerian scam e-mail and various 'enlargment' pills offers. If anything, an e-mail from LOR should cause various alarms to go off so I can instantly attend to it.

Note: edit function works

Looks like they corrected the issue, it now shows 9PM, thats PM folks!! NIGHT TIME for the slow ones.

Thanks Dan for the info.

Yeah...for instance. I did not get a response to this forum response via email. I thought the same thing about the spam filter. Checked that...not there. Started checking last year when this happened then too.

Again...thanks for the info.
Robert

ToddH wrote:

Looks like they corrected the issue, it now shows 9PM, thats PM folks!! NIGHT TIME for the slow ones.

Every year we get 50-100 folks that email and call in the morning to ask where the (add to cart) buttons are.

It is actually a fairly normal reaction. In general if you are going to have a sale at 9:00 on a day it will be 9:00AM not 9:00PM.... So people do what seems natural. Who the heck except LOR would start a sale at 9:00PM ???

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Every year we get 50-100 folks that email and call in the morning to ask where the (add to cart) buttons are.

It is actually a fairly normal reaction. In general if you are going to have a sale at 9:00 on a day it will be 9:00AM not 9:00PM.... So people do what seems natural. Who the heck except LOR would start a sale at 9:00PM ???

Dan

That's the beauty of it. Left coast commuters will be stuck in traffic when the sale starts. That means more stuff for those of us fortunate enough to live on the ride side of the map (starts at 8pm for me!).

mmaness wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

That's the beauty of it. Left coast commuters will be stuck in traffic when the sale starts. That means more stuff for those of us fortunate enough to live on the ride side of the map (starts at 8pm for me!).

That's why I'm leaving work early

Yeah it starts at 6PM for me....but luckily I was at work with credit card in hand at 6AM so I'll be able to go home early and have plenty of time. But I have to say those first 5 - 10 minutes would be a bad time to have PC or Internet issues.

By the way Dan it would have helped to have a recording on the phone this morning. :) At first I was worried it was a problem with my Browser because depending on you're settings web pages can get cached and I'm not sure you are guaranteed it pulls the update when you hit refresh. Finally after 10 minutes I saw a forum post and realized I wasn't the only one with the wrong time. :)

bmahnke wrote:

trying to remember, do we go thru the MARCHSALE link to purchase when the sales begins??

Got to the online store now. You will see at the top left a button for March Mad Grab Sale. Go to that page to get the sale prices. You can see everything now but the "Buy" buttons will not appear on the items until 9:00 PM. May need to do a page refresh.

Best regards,
Dan