Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jonnyci

Anyone know anything about the Sale?

Recommended Posts

Guess I will ask these questions here about the sale;

1) I haven't received any emails yet on the sale. This happened last year as well. I have signed up for emails from LOR, have gotten some in the past...but not about this sale (or last year's)

2) Am I wrong, but do I remember this from the past... Is there a "Free" shipping offer at this sale or the summer sale?? Maybe I am wrong on that...thought one time there was.

3) I read about the "Daughter Board" thing. Is there any place that has all of the "Upcoming Developments". I know this has been an issue in the past with the S3 updates and not sure if LOR has gotten gun shy. Kind of like waiting for the next Apple product. Or kind of like...rolling dice. Not sure if you want to wait on the next best thing to come out ;-)

4) Sorry...wrong place for sure. But with the clock ticking...me at work...need it in one place to look at! ;-) Differences between the Gen3 and the older stuff(Gen1 and Gen2)?????

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robert Burton wrote:

Guess I will ask these questions here about the sale;

1) I haven't received any emails yet on the sale. This happened last year as well. I have signed up for emails from LOR, have gotten some in the past...but not about this sale (or last year's)

2) Am I wrong, but do I remember this from the past... Is there a "Free" shipping offer at this sale or the summer sale?? Maybe I am wrong on that...thought one time there was.

3) I read about the "Daughter Board" thing. Is there any place that has all of the "Upcoming Developments". I know this has been an issue in the past with the S3 updates and not sure if LOR has gotten gun shy. Kind of like waiting for the next Apple product. Or kind of like...rolling dice. Not sure if you want to wait on the next best thing to come out ;-)

4) Sorry...wrong place for sure. But with the clock ticking...me at work...need it in one place to look at! ;-) Differences between the Gen3 and the older stuff(Gen1 and Gen2)?????

Thanks.


Every time we send out an email 3000 or 4000 of them are blocked as spam. So they do not all get into mailboxes.

There will be no free shipping offer during this sale or the summer sale.

Not sure what the Daughter Card is that you are talking about. We do not have a list of up coming developments but we always have things in the works. We will announce such things when we know they are close to release.

The biggest differences between Gen3 and older controllers:
Phantom loads for better LED response
Use of 25 amp triacs for reliability
Dimming curves to help make LEDs act more like incandescent lights.

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't receive a notice either .. until I looked in my spam folder and found it there. Stupid spam filter. It considers a LOR e-mail to be of the same quality as a Nigerian scam e-mail and various 'enlargment' pills offers. If anything, an e-mail from LOR should cause various alarms to go off so I can instantly attend to it.



Note: edit function works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me but it says the sale starts at 9 am edt and it isn't allowing me to order at the sale prices and it keeps saying sale has not started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Technical difficulties? Please stand by....
Keep your fingers and your wallets warmed up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they corrected the issue, it now shows 9PM, thats PM folks!! NIGHT TIME for the slow ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Dan for the info.

Yeah...for instance. I did not get a response to this forum response via email. I thought the same thing about the spam filter. Checked that...not there. Started checking last year when this happened then too.

Again...thanks for the info.
Robert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ToddH wrote:

Looks like they corrected the issue, it now shows 9PM, thats PM folks!! NIGHT TIME for the slow ones.


Every year we get 50-100 folks that email and call in the morning to ask where the (add to cart) buttons are.

It is actually a fairly normal reaction. In general if you are going to have a sale at 9:00 on a day it will be 9:00AM not 9:00PM.... So people do what seems natural. Who the heck except LOR would start a sale at 9:00PM ???

Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LightORamaDan wrote:


Every year we get 50-100 folks that email and call in the morning to ask where the (add to cart) buttons are.

It is actually a fairly normal reaction. In general if you are going to have a sale at 9:00 on a day it will be 9:00AM not 9:00PM.... So people do what seems natural. Who the heck except LOR would start a sale at 9:00PM ???

Dan


That's the beauty of it. Left coast commuters will be stuck in traffic when the sale starts. That means more stuff for those of us fortunate enough to live on the ride side of the map (starts at 8pm for me!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mmaness wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

Every year we get 50-100 folks that email and call in the morning to ask where the (add to cart) buttons are.

It is actually a fairly normal reaction. In general if you are going to have a sale at 9:00 on a day it will be 9:00AM not 9:00PM.... So people do what seems natural. Who the heck except LOR would start a sale at 9:00PM ???

Dan


That's the beauty of it. Left coast commuters will be stuck in traffic when the sale starts. That means more stuff for those of us fortunate enough to live on the ride side of the map (starts at 8pm for me!).


That's why I'm leaving work early

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it starts at 6PM for me....but luckily I was at work with credit card in hand at 6AM so I'll be able to go home early and have plenty of time. But I have to say those first 5 - 10 minutes would be a bad time to have PC or Internet issues.

By the way Dan it would have helped to have a recording on the phone this morning. :) At first I was worried it was a problem with my Browser because depending on you're settings web pages can get cached and I'm not sure you are guaranteed it pulls the update when you hit refresh. Finally after 10 minutes I saw a forum post and realized I wasn't the only one with the wrong time. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to be at a banquet... Showing my daughter how to order for me.

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bmahnke wrote:

trying to remember, do we go thru the MARCHSALE link to purchase when the sales begins??


Got to the online store now. You will see at the top left a button for March Mad Grab Sale. Go to that page to get the sale prices. You can see everything now but the "Buy" buttons will not appear on the items until 9:00 PM. May need to do a page refresh.

Best regards,
Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

goslow5 wrote:

Just a noob question: can i use a gen 3 controller with software purchased last year?

Yes. No problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got mine in as well.. seems slower this year than last...
I got two DIY controllers... Gives me something to do other than sequencing.. AND nothing sold out yet..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep...2 orders in...had to split between credit cards...lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...