Light-O-Rama Forums

Wouldn't it be nice...

bobschm

I would love to be able to operate my lights wirelessly. Imagine calling up a hardware utility app and testing lights while standing outside. Or calling up a particular show/sequence while standing in the crowd. Any chance?:)

Yea it is great to be able to do this.
I use a laptop to run the controllers out in the yard while doing set up to test things as well as run sequences to see how the timings are working.

Been doing it since 2008 when I started.
I have seen forum posts from folks who are using iPhones to control things and other forms of remote trigger and controls.

I use the iPad to remote control my LOR PC, so I can run hardware test and test sequences while I'm out front (or on the roof). It's the only way to fly...

D.T.

DownTown wrote:

I use the iPad to remote control my LOR PC, so I can run hardware test and test sequences while I'm out front (or on the roof). It's the only way to fly...

D.T.

+1. I run LogMeIn software on my iPad. I can remotely control my show computer with it. Works great. And the app is free for the capabilities I need.

Or use can use an app called TeamViewer, it's a remote desktop program. You can see you desktop right from your smart phone. Works great!

SWood wrote:

Or use can use an app called TeamViewer, it's a remote desktop program. You can see you desktop right from your smart phone. Works great!

And it is free!

I have it set up on my 86 year-old Mother's computer. She lives 8 hours away. When she calls about a computer problem, she usually says something like, "I hit on that thing and a thing came up and now I can't play solitaire any more."

I have used VNC from both an android and another PC to control lots of different PCs.

• 1 month later...

Just thinking out loud on this but if there is a mobile app that lets a person choose a song, can it be tied to a small fee for your charity?

• 2 weeks later...

ItsMeBobO wrote:

Take a look at miip on this page. Its a web page which any guest can use to pick a song. Set up required to tell the server your song list.

MIIPICO.gif

http://miip.mobi/help/MemberDocumentation.html
http://itsmebob.com/SD.html

Bob: I tried to download MIIP and on your site and error comes up and says the software is expired ....are you not supporting it anymore?? ( I hope Not, It sure looks great and I would love to use it this year) Gene

Sure it will be supported and will be available for upcoming season. The MIIP server program had a pretty big behind the scenes upgrade in February. Last season we had new people trying to use features in ways that were not expected. So the announcement feature was reworked and put through the ringer on my test server. It needs a user tester now to confirm its all good.

At the current time I am working on Vegomatic and another secret tool for RGB matrix programming. So I have MIIP on a hold and have not reset its date. But I am promising I will.
This one requires that you register via email since the client program and the server program work together.