Light-O-Rama Forums

miniDirector with MP3 Player

mike in tulsa

Looking for help, I thought I had read somewhere that an updated firmware for the mD w/MP3 Player had been released that solved the 10 minute sequence limitation. I can't seem to find it now.

Thank you...

Mike

I am properly the only one who's mini director simply refuses to accept the up grade. I downloaded the right one (for the mini director) when it 1st came out and I tried on a number of occasions but after I hooked it up and tried it, it would take a long time to start a show, or it would only run 1 song/sequence then freeze and so on so I ended up back on the original version it came with.

People tried to help (for which I was grateful) by posting links & emails but no dice.

I keep wanting to get a new one but I just put up with this one since I have nothing over 10 minutes in a song/sequence nor do I need an SD card over 2 GB's.

I am properly the only one who's mini director simply refuses to accept the up grade. I downloaded the right one (for the mini director) when it 1st came out and I tried on a number of occasions but after I hooked it up and tried it,  it would take a long time to start a show, or it would only run 1 song/sequence then freeze and so on so I ended up back on the original version it came with.

People tried to help (for which I was grateful) by posting links & emails but no dice.

I keep wanting to get a new one but I just put up with this one since I have nothing over 10 minutes in a song/sequence nor do I need an SD card over 2 GB's.

http://www1.sympatico.ca/cgi-bin/wx2004.pl?lng=en&stn=CAAB0096 ......weather link

http://christmaslightsinmotion.weebly.com/

You are not alone with this Lightzilla, I have downloaded and installed the updated firmware, however when the sequence hits just over the 10 minute mark, the lights come on and stay on.
I am trying to incorporate a video sync'ed to my controllers. Until I can get a resolve to the limitation, I have split the mp3 into two different tracks and will manually start the video.

Take care,

Mike

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same "just over 10 minutes" problem, it's actually like 10 minutes 59 seconds. I tried a bunch of different things with the animation file. It started at 15 minutes, I cut it down to 10, it worked, I copied the first 5 minutes and pasted it to the end of the 10 minutes, no work, right before 11 minutes it died again, and it hasn't come back on since. I had installed the updated firmware, reformatted the sd card to fat32 and fat 16, no help. I put in a help ticket for this.

• 1 month later...

For those having problems with the 10 minute limit, try the latest firmware version 4-2 in the firmware section. I got my mini directors back from LOR and the time limit has been fixed, with the software now available, so try it and make sure it works,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Bill,

Thank you for the help, I have now successfully updated the firmware and the 10 minute time limitation is no longer an issue.

Take care,

Mike