Light-O-Rama Forums

How-to video on using Papagayo for mouth movements

ItsMeBobO

need help!!! I've got to the point where i have the clipboard loaded but when i go to paste from clipboard to the sequence editor the paste button is grayed out ( inactive ). I checked to make sure the papagayo to LOR converter has information in it. HELP, very frustrated!

Thanks for any help, Roy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ItsMeBobO

• Shan-Man

• dito

• rjm12rjm12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought I had  everything working right, but I'm not sure now.

Here's how I installed the program...

• Installed Papagayo 1.2
  • I could find anything about installing the 1.3.5.3 Mod, so I unzipped the .rar file then copied the various files into the Papagayo 1.2 folder in Program Files --- overwriting existing files.
  • Papagayo launches and runs, with a Papagayo Warning at launch: "No handler found for impage type." (The details of the warning simply append 17.23.39 to 5 identical rows of the warning.)
  • Papagayo seems to run fine. The version on the Help>About Papagayo window shows 1.3.5.3

Here's what happens when I use the program...

• I successfully created two sections of a song. Section 1 was 25 seconds long, Section 2 was 46 seconds. I made sure each was set at 25 FPS.
  • I successfully exported the voice file for each.
  • I successfully imported the voice file for each into the LOR to Papagayo program.
  • I successfully Exported the voice file for each to the LOR Clipboard.
  • I successfully pasted each into my sequence and they look good and are well synched.

Here are my problems...

• For some reason I can no longer move the last phrase all the way to the end of my Papagayo timeline. When I grab the phrase, it moves a bit, then starts to trim itself. I did not have this problem with the other two sections of the song. This section is 44 seconds long, so it should be short enough. I tried cutting this section into shorter segments, 22 seconds each. Same problem.
  • Something I noticed but didn't seem to be an issue is that I don't have the left side

I have a screen shot of what my install of Papagayo looks like, but can't seem to figure out how to get a clear copy of it into this post. (I'm a relative newbie to posting on the forums, but I can send the screenshot via email.) I don't see the phonemes on the left and don't have the undo/redo tools. Instead of the "Phonetic breakdown" button I have three --- English, Spanish and Italian. I'm guessing the I did not install the 1.3.5.3 Mod correctly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. This tool beats the heck out of manually sequencing the voices!

I guess I should have read all of the latest posts. Nevermind on the "No handler found for impage type" error.

Oh, and I'm running Windows 7 32 bit with all of the latest updates with .Net Framework Client 4 (12/3/2011 v 4.0.30319).

Ok, I'm a goober and I can admit it. :huh: I dug around and found the help file for the forum and can now attach images. And to think I'm actually an IT professional. I guess years of management will dull ones skills!

Goober move number 2. That screenshot ate up all of my attachment space. Here's a smaller file.

post-7347-0-04739600-1367362000_thumb.gi

Mike,

Try saving it. Close the program. Open the program and open your sequence again and see if that works.

D-Ray

Magic! That seems to have worked. I can now move the last phrase to the end of the timeline and I seem to be able to edit the rest as necessary.

I still think my installation is off since the phonemes don't show up on the left and I have three Phonectic breakdown buttons (English, Spanish, Italian) instead of one. (I'm not sure how that part didn't make it into one of my previous posts.)

Thanks for the help! It is workable now. :D  So many hours to be saved and so many songs to sequence!

- MonstrousMike

Does anyone happen to have the HolidayCoro Talking Pumpkin mouth files? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Does anyone happen to have the HolidayCoro Talking Pumpkin mouth files? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

deleted

Edited by Dennis Cherry

I have both of those files already but they only have the HC monsters and tree and no pumpkin. I saw a pumpkin in one of your tutorial videos and thought it might come with it but it could be somebody elses you were using too.

Ahh ok..  the computer I did the video on was repaired last week and has not been hooked back up yet.   This computers install was done from those two zips so does not have them..

Hopefully I can do that this weekend and post those for you.    I may need to regenerate them from a SE animation drawing.  

Bob when I try to paste from the clipboard i'm getting "Invalid Start Centisecond (-825)"  any idea what i'm doing wrong?

That message comes up when the clipboard is invalid.  It many not have any effects in it.   Is this the first time you are using this configuration and settings?

Yes, I selected paste by time and it worked. All is good now. Thanks for the reply!

• 5 months later...

Hi All,

I am having trouble getting Papagayo to run on my Windows 7 64bit machine.

1.) Installed Papagayo 1.2

2.) Changed the C:\Program Files (x86)\Papagayo and sub-directories to r/w permissions.

3.) Unzipped papagayoMOD_1.3.5.3_win32 into a directory and copied all of it's file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Papagayo.

4.) I run the exe, it shows up as a running process, but I see no GUI on the screen.

If I just install Papagayo 1.2 I can get it to run.

Am I doing something dumb?

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob 

Can you see the papagayo icon in your task bar using alt-tab?     If so then papagayo is opened but its off your screen area.  Maybe you have an unusual screen arrangement?   

Sometimes you can just slide a program over even when you cant see it.   Try the holding the windows key and then the right and left arrows.

There are a couple logs written by papagayo which may be helpful..  one may be where its running from and another here.

C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Papagayo.

If you dont see the icon.  Then extract 135 into its own folder without 1.2 being there first.  

Edited by ItsMeBobO