Light-O-Rama Forums

How-to video on using Papagayo for mouth movements

ItsMeBobO

I appreciate the fast response. That is exactly what I was looking for. There are times where the mouth is moving way too much. I will try to re-edit one of mine using your method. Thanks again!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ItsMeBobO

• Shan-Man

• dito

• rjm12rjm12

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I am down to the translator program with out posting .... when I exe. the translator file I get an error " Unable to find the ini file" " the ini file cannot be written to the mouth folder, this program must close." I went through and red all the posts and saw a few posts up about installing 1.3 in the 1.2 file.......still not working. Great Sutff if I can get the last bit....

You need to give permission to write to your pagagayo folder.

Right click the folder and select properties then security

Then select the user you logged in as. Then edit then full permission.

I would like to thank you for new version and all of the help. These two programs, the exe and converter have saved hours of time. Thank you for the work you have done!!

Mark H

• 2 weeks later...

September record

The total views on the Papagayo How-to videos broke 1000 views in the month of September alone! 1002 Obviously people are sequencing for Halloween now. Good luck everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, just started to try out ItsMeBobO's papagayo programs. Followed all the directions except the 25fps which I found the fix in one of the previous posts by editing in notepad. I did one song but for some reason I can not export the voice (only using 1 voice) to anything but and image file or excel file. I broke the song into 4 parts so it'd be a bit more managable. Don't know if I'm missing something here or doing something wrong, but I can't create a .dat file to turnover into clipboard. Any an all help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Did you download the papagayo to LOR program and input your mouth channels into it. Also did you edit the folder to make it editable? (If that's truly a word. Lol) I had the same problem at first and found out I never made the folder able to be edited. Once the papagayo to LOR program is up and running, it will dump your file right into the Sequence editor clipboard. Might have to refresh it, but it should show up.

I had to downgrade to papa 1.2 to get to the .dat file. I saved and imported into clipboard but when I went to paste into the sequence nothing pasted over. I went to notebook and the info was there but nothing moved to the clipboard. Am I missing a step or just do it wrong. Thanks for all help...

I had to downgrade mine as well to get the dat file to work so no big deal there. Once in LOR on the left side of the screen it will show your clipboards beside your channel list. Click on load clipboard and select the file that pap to LOR software created. It will load it in your available clipboards. Once loaded make sure the circle beside it is selected "blacked out" and the one below that says "paste by time" is selected and then it will paste correct.

• 2 months later...

Bob (or anyone else who can help)

I have been using Papagayo and have successfully finished a song mated up with the HolidayCoro Trees.  However, when I export the clipboard and try and paste it into the SE, I get a error.  "Error Pasting, invalid start centisecond (-8435)."  Any ideas what caused this?

Thanks!

Larry

EDIT: I solved this problem, I wasn't set at 25fps.  However, when I paste the clipboard, the mouth movements are not where I had them in Papagayo.  The channels are correct, but it just pastes all the movements in one big block, instead of spread out where they should go in the song.  Any help on this problem?

Thanks!

Edited by LarryandGlenora

Are you doing a "paste by time"? If that doesn't work for you, can you provide your clipboard file for us to look at (via Dropbox or similar)?

Yes, someone else mentioned to use Paste by Time, but they still do not line up.  I have attached the clipboards files for you to look at.  Thanks!

I loaded the clipboards and they look like good timings. You know that if you trimmed the audio clip you will have to place the cursor for the paste in alignment with the beginning of the clipped file. So, if you cut the first 32.5 seconds to get to just the chorus then you will need to place your cursor at 32.5 seconds into your sequence in the editor before pasting. 

I loaded the clipboards and they look like good timings. You know that if you trimmed the audio clip you will have to place the cursor for the paste in alignment with the beginning of the clipped file. So, if you cut the first 32.5 seconds to get to just the chorus then you will need to place your cursor at 32.5 seconds into your sequence in the editor before pasting. 

I'll give that another try and see what happens.  I pasted by time from beginning and when voices start, neither lined up at all.

• 1 month later...

Can someone help?  I finaly got Papagayo going, I think.  Whenever I start it I get a Papagayo warning that indicates "No handler found for image type" .  Is this normal?  Also, I don't understand where is the Papagayo to LOR translator that is discussed in the video?

Thank you, any help at all would be graetly appreciated.

Normal and you may ignore.   The problem is a file which does not have .jpg extension in the mouth folder and its subfolders. 

You can move that file.  Most likely don't need it. 

Normal and you may ignore.   The problem is a file which does not have .jpg extension in the mouth folder and its subfolders. 

You can move that file.  Most likely don't need it. 

Thanks Bob.  I should have been more specific with my second question. How do I start the Papygayo to LOR translator?

sorry I missed that part.   Click the Parrots head on my dl page.   http://itsmebobo.com/SD.html

My program will download.  I suggest you put it in the same folder as Papagayo.     

In papagayo you select the voice you want to export and click the export button to save.  Then in my program you find that file to create a clipboard from it. 

Edited by ItsMeBobO