Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Yellow?

Caleb Linburg

When I do a twinkle in yellow it uses multiple colors, like it twinkles between red, green and yellow. I tried twinkle with green and it didn't do that. I am not using actual RGB strings, I am just viewing in the visualizer. Why is this happening? Thank You

Caleb,
I think what you are seeing is that with RGB strings/pixels, Green is a pure color as in it is one of the three LED colors in the RGB pixel. So when you twinkle Green it is only turning one one LED . Where as yellow is a combination of Red and Green so both LED's have to be turned on to make yellow.
If you are doing RGB programming I would recommend getting your hands on a few RGB lights as soon as possible so that you can see what your colors will really look like.
Dave

When you twinkle a mix color like yellow, your actual lights and the visualizer will twinkle the colors that make yellow which are red and green. You can not twinkle yellow itself because the twinkle effect randomly turns on and off channels... not colors. The reason you may see yellow at all is probably a red and green turned on at the same time during the effect.

The same rules apply to orange, purple, turquoise, pink, ect, ect. If you twinkle white, all three colors will show. But if you twinkle one of the basic colors...red, green or blue...only that colors will show. I believe this question was brought up a while ago to be able to twinkle the actual colors instead of just the channels. Would be a nice feature.

Kevin

Cracker wrote:

When you twinkle a mix color like yellow, your actual lights and the visualizer will twinkle the colors that make yellow which are red and green. You can not twinkle yellow itself because the twinkle effect randomly turns on and off channels... not colors. The reason you may see yellow at all is probably a red and green turned on at the same time during the effect.

The same rules apply to orange, purple, turquoise, pink, ect, ect. If you twinkle white, all three colors will show. But if you twinkle one of the basic colors...red, green or blue...only that colors will show. I believe this question was brought up a while ago to be able to twinkle the actual colors instead of just the channels. Would be a nice feature.

Kevin

Are you saying that it wouldn't even twinkle right once it is connected to lights?

No. What I'm saying is you can not twinkle a mixed color only....like yellow only because yellow requires red and green....2 channels. The twinkle effect works on random channels, not colors.

What you need to do is create your own "twinkle" pattern using both red and green turned on and off at precisely the same time. It's really not hard to do and doesn't take but a few minutes. Then copy/paste (or repeat) that pattern a few times to achieve a decent length. Then copy the entire thing to a clipboard and save the clipboard and you'll have it ready to use whenever you might want it in the future.

At this time, that's what you're going to need to do with any color other than red, green or blue.

No. What I'm saying is you can not twinkle a mixed color only....like yellow only because yellow requires red and green....2 channels. The twinkle effect works on random channels, not colors.