Light-O-Rama Forums

UPGRADING FIRMWARE FOR A 1602W Controller

Ed Smith

I updated my LOR software to version 2.9.4 just before this past Christmas. As I was running my show, I noticed that the "shimmer-fade" effect did not work as programmed, along with some other "flickering" effects that were not programmed. These flicker effects usually happened within regular fades.
I later read that this could be caused by firmware not being updated. I read the instructions in Help and found out how to update the firmware. Help says that "The names of the firmware files correspond with the names of the controllers." I don't see any firmware update files named 1602W or anything similar. I researched the LOR site and it indicates that the 1602W controller uses the CTB16D card. I did see 2 firmware updates called "CTB16D_Blue_4-32.lhx & CTB16D_Green_4-32.lhx.
First, are these the correct firmware update files for the 1602W controller, and if so, should I use the Blue or Green update file?
Thanks, Ed

Ed,

What color is the circuit board? That's going to determine which firmware file (listed in your message below) that you are going to use.

(The early generation controllers were green. Newer ones are blue.)