Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Visualizer

BryanV1

My sequence for next year includes a tree with 8 strings of 50 RGB individually addressable lights. I have set them up as LOR iDMX 05 regular ch 1 thru 50, 51 thru 100, 101 thru 151, iDMX 06 regular ch 1 thru 50 etc. I have tried every possible combination to make a mega tree using this setup in visualizer with no luck. When I say that the tree is made up of 50 pixel CCR's and run the Channel wizard and set the fixtures to the same channel I get an error saying that "Fixture Tree 2 - CCR 2 is not contiguous. Next pixel is 1 but should be 51 . I can find no way to change the starting pixel to 51. Any Ideas?

BryanV1 wrote:

My sequence for next year includes a tree with 8 strings of 50 RGB individually addressable lights. I have set them up as LOR iDMX 05 regular ch 1 thru 50, 51 thru 100, 101 thru 151, iDMX 06 regular ch 1 thru 50 etc. I have tried every possible combination to make a mega tree using this setup in visualizer with no luck. When I say that the tree is made up of 50 pixel CCR's and run the Channel wizard and set the fixtures to the same channel I get an error saying that "Fixture Tree 2 - CCR 2 is not contiguous. Next pixel is 1 but should be 51 . I can find no way to change the starting pixel to 51. Any Ideas?

You can setup three 50 count LOR RGB strings per universe, Universe 1 = First string is 1-160 second strings is 161-320 and the third string is 321-480. A RGB node is actually three channels and you have 50 nodes per string. So you only need 3 IDMX-1000 for your display ,but your can do 4 if you want.The other universes use the same channel assignment as above.

The IDMX ID's can be set for (Example) 01,02, 03 & 04 or any numbers not ending in a zero.

The LOR RGB controllers on each universe, the ID's will then be set for 01, 0B, and 15 respectively that is because LOR does the channel assignment only in 16 channel blocks.

Also in the hardware utility in the LOR RGB setup, you MUST disable the macros but only for the LOR RGB Controllers, if you are using someone else RGB devices and they are only DMX then use the 1-150, 151-300 & 300-250 channel assignment per universe.

Took me some time to figure this out, many weeks of trial and error.

If you need anymore information I will be glad to help.

Dennis Cherry wrote:

BryanV1 wrote:

You can setup three 50 count LOR RGB strings per universe, Universe 1 = First string is 1-160 second strings is 161-320 and the third string is 321-480. A RGB node is actually three channels and you have 50 nodes per string. So you only need 3 IDMX-1000 for your display ,but your can do 4 if you want.The other universes use the same channel assignment as above.

The IDMX ID's can be set for (Example) 01,02, 03 & 04 or any numbers not ending in a zero.

The LOR RGB controllers on each universe, the ID's will then be set for 01, 0B, and 15 respectively that is because LOR does the channel assignment only in 16 channel blocks.

Also in the hardware utility in the LOR RGB setup, you MUST disable the macros but only for the LOR RGB Controllers, if you are using someone else RGB devices and they are only DMX then use the 1-150, 151-300 & 300-250 channel assignment per universe.

Took me some time to figure this out, many weeks of trial and error.

If you need anymore information I will be glad to help.

Darn fingers just washed my hands today.

Correction:
Also in the hardware utility in the LOR RGB setup, you MUST disable the macros but only for the LOR RGB Controllers, if you are using someone else RGB devices and they are only DMX then use the 1-150, 151-300 & 300-450 channel assignment per universe.

You are correct I only need 3 iDMX units the 4th was for the star on the tree. But my problem was not in setting them up in the sequencer I did that with no problems. It is trying to make a mega tree in Visualizer where I am having the problem. When setting up the tree and running the Channel wizard it asks for the Base Unit ID for the first string on the tree then the second and so on if I use the same Base Unit ID I will get the error message saying the second unit needs to start at 51 not 1 and I can not find anyway to change the starting pixel.

It sounds like you are trying to mix different technologies. First things first: Are you actually using LOR Cosmic Color Ribbons?

Ok, those are NOT CCRs, so you can't create them as CCRs. You'll need to create them as single bulbs, make them RGB, and then assign the channels from there. You won't be able to use the Mega Tree Wizard.