Light-O-Rama Forums

GE Arch Test

dougd

Would love to get some opinions on my GE arch I tested tonite. There are 32 GE pixels on a 10 foot piece of 3/4 PVC. Goal for right now is to have 6 of these. I am still trying to figure out if dryer hose will make it look better, still looking for some to run a test. The video is just one of the sequences that come with the lights. I dont have my E681 board yet.

Video is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-RM8ENs1jw&feature=youtu.be

Thanks.

Thanks for feedback. I guess I leave it the way it is. I cant wait till I get me E681 board in so I can really run it through the paces.

dougd wrote:

Would love to get some opinions on my GE arch I tested tonite. There are 32 GE pixels on a 10 foot piece of 3/4 PVC. Goal for right now is to have 6 of these. I am still trying to figure out if dryer hose will make it look better, still looking for some to run a test. The video is just one of the sequences that come with the lights. I dont have my E681 board yet.

Video is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-RM8ENs1jw&feature=youtu.be

Thanks.
Nice !! Now I want some of those to put on the edges of the house. Questions, How long are they, Does ebay sell them, what is the E681 board for?

All this LED stuff is driving me crazy !! LOL .

Jeff

The E681 is a pixel controller, and Sandevices same maker as the E681 has a controller that goes between the E681 and your computers ethernet connection to make it compatible in Light O Rama.

You can make them longer like most DMX strips that we are getting into. This year will be interesting to see how it all works.

The lights are the GE lights that are sold by the retail stores around Christmas. I picked mine up from Home Depot after Christmas for $20 a box. Regular price is $80. The ones that I bought had 36 lights and the length is 29 feet. There are other ways to light them besides E681 but thats the way I figured I would do it. I have 16 sets times 36 lights equal 576 pixels. Times 3 for each color equals 1728 which is 4 universes. E681 seemed like the way to handle it. If you search Ebay for "ge color effects" a few will show up.

I just finished building and testing my 681 board this weekend; was planning it to just be for "lab testing" in 2012. You'll love that board...

You now have me reconsidering my "wait until 2013 for heavy pixel integration"....especially if the ELO pans out.

I am beginning to wish I didn't participate in the group buy and just bought mine outright but since I bought 2 it made sense at the time. Now my impatience is starting to kick in. I just have to remind myself that the ELO adapters are finished yet and S3 doesn't support them yet.

I had no intention what so ever to mess with pixels this year, but with the good deal I got on them and with DMX over ethernet all the rage, I am now glad I did.

dougd wrote:

Here is a picture during the day. I will of coarse cable tie the wires down once the arch is finalized.

Wow thats excactly what I had planned for mine! Can you put a closeup pic or explain how you mounted the bulbs to the pvc? Thanks!