Light-O-Rama Forums

April sale in 2007?

Guest guest

Does anyone think LOR will go on sale again in April? What a great way to start the first year doing this. 2 news spots, 1 newspaper spot, 1 radio spot and even though it's a lite drizzle here, still getting dozens of cars per hour. Loving every little bit here and definetly adding at least 2 more 16 channel LOR's for next year.

Walmart the day after Christmas, here I come!

Luke

Straight off the LOR website:

[align=center]Light-O-Rama Annual Sale[/align]
[align=center]Computerize your Christmas display next year !!!![/align]
[align=center] It is almost too late to computerized your display this year but next year you can take the leap and turn your Christmas Display into a Christmas Show!

Hit the after Christmas Sales to get the lights and decorations you are going to need next year. Sign up for our mailing list so you will be notified of the Annual Light-O-Rama Sale. Our annual sale will run early next summer. It is the only sale we have and it is the least expensive way to computerize your display....

Click here to join the mailing list and you will be notified about the sale. From all of us here at Light-O-Rama, have a very Merry Christmas!
[/align]

Wow Thanks for posting the page... beat me to it... Its amazing how you can find answers to your questions ... if you simplytake time to read a bit.. This topic has been covered a number of times... People please try to search before posting... these threads are excessively huge anymore...

Of course, no one really answered his question which wasn't listed on the web page (or it's repost in this thread).

Do you think it will go on sale in APRIL?

I bought a 16 channel last April, which was delivered in October. Unfortunately, it took me until about the middle of December to get everything hooked up and working.

I'd like to hook everything up in the garage and begin playing with sequences before October.

I'm not sure I can wait until April...

Russ wrote:

Of course, no one really answered his question which wasn't listed on the web page (or it's repost in this thread).

As stated above:

Our annual sale will run early next summer

Best answer your gona get for now from LOR

James

Russ wrote:

I bought a 16 channel last April, which was delivered in October. Unfortunately, it took me until about the middle of December to get everything hooked up and working.

I'd like to hook everything up in the garage and begin playing with sequences before October.

I'm not sure I can wait until April...

Why do you need a controller to make a sequence? 90% of the people on here, including myself, create their sequences with the controllers in storage. once it is hooked up, then sequences are tweaked.

If you know you will have 32 channels next year, start sequencing now.

Now, to answer your original question, I don't think it'll be April. Whenever it is, be there when the gates open and you'll get it much quicker than 6 months later. I had mine in about 6-7 weeks and I even used the "defer shipment" option they offered last year. From what I understand, orders are filled in the same order received.

I have one LOR controller hooked up while I Program sequences. I have a set up with 9 C9s bulbs which lets me know how certain chase/dimming effects really look. At first I made a few sequences without it and then then hooked it up and found out the dimming levels are a lot different than what shows up in the visualizer and what the bulb is really doing.

Also I like to make a beat track and then have a single c9 bulb by my monitor to see if the beat is on.

I worked on some new sequences while I had my show up this year and it was driving me crazy because all my controllers are being used in my display and I was not able to see how certain things looked instantly on my controllers. Next year I plan on having a spare controller that I can have for a backup and use to sequence songs while my display is running.

Not to complain too much, but my only sort of "issue" with LOR is that they are a little too "optimistic" with their street dates. Most of it is due to their huge increase in sales, but I don't see why LORII is always a few months away from release. Anyway, this is a pretty minor complaint because they don't release something unless they can completely stand behind it, which is worth it in the end.

My point is this. Do not depend on the sale if you need a controller by the 4th of July or for some other reason why you would need it during the summer. Personally, I will happily buy two controllers as long as they go on sale before September. I prefer vague time frames ("early next summer") to pushed back dates (the "April" sale in May).

bkdraft wrote:

Our annual sale will run early next summer. It is the only sale we have and it is the least expensive way to computerize your display....

Good. Count me in for another 16 ch. I really need one for the right side of the yard. I ordered May 22 and got on July 5. I was happy with that turnaround AND got an extra 10%.

Last year it was something like $10 off different items. Some were on sale, others weren't. As mentioned in other threads, DO NOT count on it being the same.

As someone said here before, "just pretent it is normal priced and think of the savings as extra lights!"

lkcubsrule wrote:

Last year it was something like $10 off different items. Some were on sale, others weren't. As mentioned in other threads, DO NOT count on it being the same.

As someone said here before, "just pretent it is normal priced and think of the savings as extra lights!"

I was just wondering if it was really worth waiting for vs picking up a 16 channel controller and software to start playing with. Then adding more channels during the sale. I appreciate any type of discount but I may just jump in to get my feet wet for the little exta money.

John

If you are tight on money, I'd say to waith until the sale.

Otherwise, you could get a controller now w/ the software and purchase more during the sale. Your best bet RIGHT NOW is to download the demo Sequence editor by clicking here.

Then, in the near future or during the sale, get the software. As you may or may not already know, LORII is going to be released with in the next few months. You could get your feet wet with the sequence editor by clicking the link above, or you could just wait a few months until LORII comes out.

llbarnes wrote:

Everyone will agree. Definetly start programing sequences now. You can purchase later.

I plan to start makeing sequences in the next week or so for Halloween. Since I have never done this I am having a little trouble visualizing what the animation window will look like live. Plus I have read here that the fade are different, minor problem to fix later I am sure. I am just thinking if I pick up one controler now the lights will help me learn to sequence faster.

John

I'm not sure what you mean about fades....Mini lights if you fade them from 0% to 100%, they will start to go on at about 20% intensity. I made sequences this year and you absolutely cannot tell that at all. I suppose if you are doing really really really slow fades, you might be able to notice a bit.

Whoa...with that controller purchase make sure you get the software ($100). With the software comes the program with which you connect your controller to your computer.

lkcubsrule wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean about fades....Mini lights if you fade them from 0% to 100%, they will start to go on at about 20% intensity. I made sequences this year and you absolutely cannot tell that at all. I suppose if you are doing really really really slow fades, you might be able to notice a bit.

Whoa...with that controller purchase make sure you get the software ($100). With the software comes the program with which you connect your controller to your computer.

Oh yes, software has to go with it, that way I at least get the discount on that. :D