Light-O-Rama Forums

problem with s2 software

Mr Bean

When I go to open my sequence editor, the message "Failed to load control 'SSTab' from TABCTL32.ocx. Your version of TABCTL32.OCX may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application." What does this mean and is it an easy fix. I am running on Windows7. I updated my S2 software to the highest version. I need some help with this problem. I need to start programing for this year.

If the register does not work, then try re-running the installer and pick repair. If that does not work try re-running the installer and un-install then re-install the software.

Dan

I would try the following:

Open up your computer's Start Menu, and then open its Accessories folder.

In the Accessories folder, there should be an entry labeled "Command Prompt". Right click on that, and a popup menu should open.

From the popup menu, select "Run as administrator".

That may cause a message to come up asking (something like) if you're sure you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer. Click "Yes". A command prompt window should then open.

It will likely give you a prompt that says "C:Windowssystem32". At that prompt, type the following line:

regsvr32 tabctl32.ocx

That should cause a message to pop up saying "DllRegisterServer in tabctl32.ocx succeeded." If it says something else, please let me know.

Then try running the program again.

i found the problem. i haved to run it in compatability mode with windows xp service pack 2. i did that and it fixed the problem. thank you every one for all your help.