Light-O-Rama Forums

Kits

darksyde acres

I dont know of anyone that is doing this. Look at it this way if I were to build your kit I would charge a minimum of $50 plus shipping both ways. Now you have just spent more money than the finished kit would be.

Anthony

I do know that some people purchase kits, assemble them and then sell them online. In some cases they do not mention that the product that they are selling was not assembled and tested by LOR.

Dan

Jeff Millard wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
In some cases they do not mention that the product that they are selling was not assembled and tested by LOR.

Wouldn't it be safer for an unsuspecting customer if there was an etch similar to the "Alex" that indicated it was a kit from the factory?

Jeff

Last edited on Tue Feb 21st, 2012 3:55 pm by Jeff Millard

That is a good idea... I have held off on providing kits for the Gen3 cards but will be adding kits for the older cards back to the store.

One of the issues with the Gen3 kits is that we want to sell them with the surface mount parts already installed. But without the some of the thru hole parts it would be fairly difficult and time consuming to test the surface mount parts. Once we get that flushed out we will include Gen3 kits in the store with some type of kit indicator... (I like it).

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
LightORamaDan wrote:
In some cases they do not mention that the product that they are selling was not assembled and tested by LOR.

Wouldn't it be safer for an unsuspecting customer if there was an etch similar to the "Alex" that indicated it was a kit from the factory?

Jeff

Last edited on Tue Feb 21st, 2012 3:55 pm by Jeff Millard

That is a good idea... I have held off on providing kits for the Gen3 cards but will be adding kits for the older cards back to the store.

One of the issues with the Gen3 kits is that we want to sell them with the surface mount parts already installed. But without the some of the thru hole parts it would be fairly difficult and time consuming to test the surface mount parts. Once we get that flushed out we will include Gen3 kits in the store with some type of kit indicator... (I like it).

Dan

Colored boards?

Denis Chaput wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
Jeff Millard wrote:
LightORamaDan wrote:

Jeff

Last edited on Tue Feb 21st, 2012 3:55 pm by Jeff Millard

Dan

Colored boards?

The kit boards could not be blue - as blue is supposed to signify ROHS compliance - aka lead free - and some people still use leaded solder

But if the prebuit units comply to ROHS- this could be an easy solution as well